Fiddleback on Tap Saturdays

You have nailed it with truly unassailable logic: it is indeed today, and it will continue to be today for the foreseeable future.

However, every day needs to have a name, else they would all occur simultaneously, which would be a tragedy. Not to mention confusing.

The previous post mentioned "(i realize it’s not saturday.)". I submit to you the hypothesis that it is indeed Saturday. The world has indeed gotten very strange, but I don't believe that it's affected the calendar yet.

To whom it may concern.

Dear sir,
What day do you THINK it is?

Sincerely,
Joe

Being that the previous Saturday to yesterday's Saturday was Halloween, "( I realize it's not Saturday.)" was meaning last Saturday because of his pumpkin in the background. That is my guess. Not sure if all of my punctuations are correct in that sentence.

You have nailed it with truly unassailable logic: it is indeed today, and it will continue to be today for the foreseeable future.

However, every day needs to have a name, else they would all occur simultaneously, which would be a tragedy. Not to mention confusing.

The previous post mentioned "(i realize it’s not saturday.)". I submit to you the hypothesis that it is indeed Saturday. The world has indeed gotten very strange, but I don't believe that it's affected the calendar yet.

Being that the previous Saturday to yesterday's Saturday was Halloween, "( I realize it's not Saturday.)" was meaning last Saturday because of his pumpkin in the background. That is my guess. Not sure if all of my punctuations are correct in that sentence.
nope! i thought yesterday was Friday! ohhh boy....

:rolleyes::D:D:D

It actually got to the point where even I wasn't sure which day it is. Not the first time...

Feels like a Saturday anyway

Nu8YfAA.jpg

Well, it was actually Sunday but.... To Saint Valentine! To his wisdom and courage, to his issues with unreasonable boundaries, to his refusal to capitulate to the darkness, to his unwillingness to comply with injustice, and to his inspiring another chocolaty holiday!
Cheers!
And yep, pretty much any knife still a bottle opener :)
10120888_5951923010194859284_o-vi.jpg

Whoa! You really used the end of that Babyboot to open the beer? It looks like it took a few small chunks out of that micarta.
it's definitely "a thing"..........many.....errrr.... a few beers have been opened with a Fiddleback handle at Track Rock, Blade show, backyards, driveways, etc....

Whoa! You really used the end of that Babyboot to open the beer? It looks like it took a few small chunks out of that micarta.

Well yes once a couple of years ago...but not this time. Those two small notches are an old wound and learning experience. The pommel-pop technique works best, does less damage, with canvas and linen micarta handles. These are denser tougher and more abrasion-resistant handle material in my studies than the burlap or the G10. In this case the burlap has more more voids in the fabric and thus more / larger areas of epoxy in the material, and it's just a little less tough in this regard.

In this case I used the side of the spine and levered the cap off, damaging nothing. The texture of the spalting is awesome for this and hides any damage, one of the things I like about it :)

it's definitely "a thing"..........many.....errrr.... a few beers have been opened with a Fiddleback handle at Track Rock, Blade show, backyards, driveways, etc....

Yep, pretty sure Blade a couple years ago is when I did this one.

Is there Any other way???

Yes...as I mentioned above...but the more alcoholic beverages consumed, the less wise doing it that way becomes :D

Haha. I’ll use my countertops before my prized Fiddlebacks.

There actually is a backstory behind the madness.

In 2009 or 10 DPx launched their knife line with the HEST fixed blade. Made by Shawn Rowen and via RAT Cutlery which has a dedicated bottle opener feature. I picked up a couple for work carry during some local journalism. For size, profile, overall geometry, and carry system not the bottle opener. I think I had one at Blade and used it around Andy to open a beer. Andy laughed and said "so what, pretty much any knife is a bottle opener" and popped the top with the pommel of whatever knife he was carrying, and we all laughed.

In late 2010, or maybe early 2011, I had done an article on the new DPx HEST Folder model for Tactical Knives Magazine. Which also has the dedicated bottle opener feature... and which more importantly works as a rapid deployment feature like the wave on the folder but without the protrusion. This feature apparently trended for a minute and other knives were bosting various bottle opener features... And again at blade I popped a top with it hanging out with Andy in the pit. And of course got the same result. As the night progressed other items were demonstrated as alternative bottle openers as well, and it has been sort of a running joke between some of us ever since. Andy has the equipment to fix his divots, i don't really, so i use the side of my blade.

I think you need one of those thumb drives that has a slot for opening a bottle. You can even get your favorite sports team in the face of it. :D It can even fit in your wallet like a credit card. But I guess we do not have any fun that way.

What about an EDC Karda with a built in bottle opener on the end? Sort of a bar knife, to cut up the lemons and such and open bottles? It could be 3/32 and in a stainless steel like AEBL, micarta handles. What a good idea!! :rolleyes: You can tell being cooped up inside during the storms have affected my mental stability. :D Or what about the same idea in a Bow legged knife?

Last edited:
Back