Fiddleback on Tap Saturdays

Well yes once a couple of years ago...but not this time. Those two small notches are an old wound and learning experience. The pommel-pop technique works best, does less damage, with canvas and linen micarta handles. These are denser tougher and more abrasion-resistant handle material in my studies than the burlap or the G10. In this case the burlap has more more voids in the fabric and thus more / larger areas of epoxy in the material, and it's just a little less tough in this regard.

In this case I used the side of the spine and levered the cap off, damaging nothing. The texture of the spalting is awesome for this and hides any damage, one of the things I like about it :)

Yep, pretty sure Blade a couple years ago is when I did this one.

Yes...as I mentioned above...but the more alcoholic beverages consumed, the less wise doing it that way becomes :D
Actually for literally decades well before my foray into the Fiddleback Forge confluence, I’ve only used the blade as a fulcrum and never the pommel. And hey I’ve only cut my index finger knuckle once or twice!:confused:

juolTJj.jpg

Back