Fiddleback Pro-Kephart

Bmurray

Gold Member
I'm always on the search or the best all around user knife. All of my knives are users to me but if I don't intend to use them then they eventually get offred up to all of you. I can say I've handled more knives than I can even remember in this quest for that one knife to take the top spot in my collection. For me I'd take the absolute ugliest knife over the most refined finished blade out there is it feels better in the hand. This is not to say I don't like beautiful custom knives, I just love a good user way more.

Look at it like the good solid pair of boots you have. There may be fancier ones out there but you prefer to wear your go-to pair that are comfortable and just feel right.

This search is ongoing for me, but a many knives came close but all have come up short trying to take that top spot. It wasn't until reading Mistwalkers review of this knife and seeng his pics, that got me inclined to want to try one out.

So I contacted Whitty at USA Made Blades and he offered to send me the Pro-Bushfinger and the Pro-Kepart to try out and see which one I liked. Well the pro-bushfinger was immediately boxed and returned to him. Not that it was a bad knife, just too thick of a blade and too thin at the handle or scales for me.

The top knife in my collection is still the Pro-Kephart. Very light and nimble with a full and slightly square grip profile that just locks in your hand. Superb textured machined scales by Nathan the Machinist are so well done for a user knife. The S35vn steel has held an edge very well and hasn't shown any signs of rusting. The centered tip drills like a machine and makes for fine delicate carving.

Having this one for almost two years now, there's really not one thing about this knife that I don't like, and thats a rarity for picky me. Price point is perfect as well for this quality and design. I HIGHLY recommend everyone of you have one of these in your bag or pack amd really try ot out for a few weeks to a month. Just don't be surprised when it becomes your go-to knife like mine has. I just need to order a spare now before they'e all gone.

Thank you for making the best user knife out there Andy @Fiddleback.

It does look like a super handy design. Very nice pics too btw. Thank you for sharing this blade.

Are they 1/8" stock? I've read that and another thickness. I don't have many knives on the to-buy list, but a kephart is one of them

Bringing my extra Pro's (User Kephart, Kephart CS, User Duke) to Trackrock if you're attending. I'm sure FF will have some users as well to try out as well.

Bmurray Bmurray — Your appreciation and love for this knife is crystal clear. Thanks for showing the knife in use and in hand. It’s been on my radar for a while, and after seeing this review, I’ve decided to go ahead and move it from the Wish List to the Shopping Cart. :cool:

Can’t wait to try it out!

Bmurray Bmurray — Your appreciation and love for this knife is crystal clear. Thanks for showing the knife in use and in hand. It’s been on my radar for a while, and after seeing this review, I’ve decided to go ahead and move it from the Wish List to the Shopping Cart. :cool:

Can’t wait to try it out!
That’s awesome. You’ll enjoy it. The machined grooves on the scales and the squareness of the profile really makes this knife shine. Not to mention how light and nimble it feels when using it.

Back