Review Fiddleback Production Kephart

Quick review on the Fiddleback Production Kephart. I'm not sure why this knife doesn't get more attention. I think it's a truly outstanding design. Enjoy.

Good teview. The best overall knife on the market. The blade style and high-end steel used with the textured squared scales really makes this knife stand above all others as a true user.

I have lots of favorites, some fiddlebacks, Fletcher's, Hunts and others including custom Puukkos, but the Pro-Kephart is the best all around knife choice currently on the market. For all of the fiddleback collectors here, you need to buy this one, and make yourself use it on an outing. Then you'll truly understands.

Only one small change needed. This model needs a square spine. I love to scape tender and throw sparks with a knife. I'm going to have Andy modify mine during my shop visit before Trackrock.

Quick review on the Fiddleback Production Kephart. I'm not sure why this knife doesn't get more attention. I think it's a truly outstanding design. Enjoy.

I feel the same way. The FF Kephart is one of my favorite knife models ever, and the midtech version lets me have it in my favorite steel. The only way it could get any better for me would be to have a custom shop one...so I sometimes think about tazing the guy that has the one in flame box elder...but I digress :)

I love the size and the blade geometry, and the ergos are awesome. I have used the midtech version in multiple projects that I have worked on in the recent past
20160525_235909.jpg

I am currently using one in another project I am working on
20170730_165537.jpg

20170818_170952.jpg

I tend to carry a dedicated striker with my fire steel, so I don't mind the non squared spine.
2.jpg

DSC_9786.jpg

Because I tend to do a lot of manipulation of the tip with my thumb, I tend to actually prefer the non-sharpness of the non-squared spine if I am working with shaping seasoned hardwoods, but different strokes for different folks
17.jpg

10.jpg

29.jpg

37.jpg

But I've put mine through quite a bit and have absolutely loved them.

61.jpg

The production kephart and Duke get thrown in my pack more than any of my other knives. For weight, corrosion resistance and usability they are top of the line.

Back