Fiddleback User Pics

new Bushnub II

fh21-vi.jpg

Still carrying my Bushfinger on every backpacking campout I go on, this weekend was a 2-nighter over by Mt. Rainier NP, used it for food and wood prep per usual, got some great fires going with it.

Here's the local scenery when the sun was out.

I did all the wood prep to start this fire with the Bushfinger.

Got to kick back and relax for a weekend in the woods, it was fun.

Still carrying my Bushfinger on every backpacking campout I go on, this weekend was a 2-nighter over by Mt. Rainier NP, used it for food and wood prep per usual, got some great fires going with it.

Here's the local scenery when the sun was out.

I did all the wood prep to start this fire with the Bushfinger.

Got to kick back and relax for a weekend in the woods, it was fun.

awesome

looks like a nice weekend

i really like the scenery pics:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, this was the first campout for my little camping group since last fall where it didn't rain on us while we were out, so most of the scenery from prior trips was just too dreary to really share. I think I have photos from other trips this winter but not always of any user pics of my Fiddleback.

I'm always amazed at the patina my blade gets, it's been almost 2 years of varied use and the patina's looking all sorts of crazy, I love it though because it tells the story of my adventures with the knife and all the fun I've had so far.

There aren't a lot of Bushfinger pictures this last year, but it was there with me on all of these trips.

This was probably the best shot I've ever taken of scenery.

This one we had 10" of snow on the ground when we got there, coldest campout we've been on.

This one we got 4" overnight, also pretty cold.

I made a shelter on this one for a Beckerhead challenge, the Bushfinger was backup because of the nature of the challenge but it was still there.

finally the last one I went on before the most current one, the BeckerWest gathering, there were probably more Fiddlebacks present than any other brand besides BK&T, quite popular among the Beckerheads which is the reason why I even bought one.

Lot Flunky:

IMG_6191.jpg

IMG_6193.jpg

While responsible for a significant amount of (important!) paperwork and processes, I am also tasked with keeping our pre-owned inventory's window prices up-to-date, allegedly because I am the only one on-site with the requisite eye for detail-- including the ability to put the numbers on straight.

It's all true.

IMG_6194.jpg~original

Ah, well. If nothing else, I do get to have my KNIFES out at work. :D

~ P.

How not to give a knife character.

Wednesday night I got home after work at 9:30p. The first thing I notice walking in the door was my EDK in its sheath sopping wet on the kitchen table. I had left it in my pocket and my wife did laundry. When I pulled it out of the sheath the blade had beaded water with surface rust over its entire length. I wish I had taken a picture then. After using some metal polish, and 48 hours of air drying the sheath it now has some character.

The spalting is no longer dark. The handle scales are matte instead of glossy. And the butt end of the knife has some blunting from banging around in the washer.

Back