Fiddleback User Pics

Woodsman vs GEC Roughneck

IMG_3048-vi.jpg

Ok, Luca, caught my attention again, what is the gun with that fiddleback?

Ok, Luca, caught my attention again, what is the gun with that fiddleback?

Hey buddy,
That is my Uberti 1872 Richards/Mason conversion replica in .38 Special. From Taylor Firearms in Winchester, Virginia. I have a particular fondness for firearms from that time period. I've also got a stunning 1873 rifle replica from the same company that Rick Lowe (RLO Leather) did some beautiful leather work for.

I posted these way back, but here's a better view.

IMG_20161112_142733-vi.jpg

IMG_20161115_173635_resized-vi.jpg

Luca, thanks, I also like the cartridge conversions, unique look too. I enjoyed YouTube videos froma certain man that does reviews of such guns.

Luca, thanks, I also like the cartridge conversions, unique look too. I enjoyed YouTube videos froma certain man that does reviews of such guns.

You might have to send me a private message with that YouTube link...I'd like to see those.

I like the cartridge conversions. I've got a .44 black powder 1861 Navy replica that is a ton of fun to shoot, but the loading and cleaning process is a pain. Sure does make some nice fire if you shoot it in the dark though - for a split second the flame completely engulfs the pistol. I can see why you've got to plug each cylinder to avoid a full ignition explosion. The cartridge conversions still have that historical accuracy, but damn easy to shoot and clean.

The 1873 lever rifle is a ton of fun! Shoot that one all day and never get tired of it.

Back