Fiddleback User Pics

That's strange Phillip. Never happened with any of my Ironwood fiddlebacks. Must be variation in that particular batch of wood.

I have a runt that does the same thing. I am also using a Diomedes sheath. Shines back up with the Howard's.

It happens with micarta as well, not so much a case of thirsty sheath, rather 'thirsty' handle material - the part above the sheath is exposed to much more contact with environment (sweat and oils from skin will be major players here). And 'tan' can't be omitted either

QrIYM94.jpg%5B
QrIYM94.jpg%5B

It happens with micarta as well, not so much a case of thirsty sheath, rather 'thirsty' handle material - the part above the sheath is exposed to much more contact with environment (sweat and oils from skin will be major players here). And 'tan' can't be omitted either

Mine develop a tan line, for sure (Fiddlebacks and others).

That's one of the reasons (in addition to accessibility and Morale) that I let mine sunbathe while working on the Lot, as I was today. o_O

It was bright, even in the shade:
IMG_8052.jpg~original

Straight sun:
IMG_8053.jpg~original

More (relative) shade, please:
IMG_8057%201.jpg~original

Rassn'frassn picture-purpled BLUE knife!

~ P.

Mine develop a tan line, for sure (Fiddlebacks and others).

That's one of the reasons (in addition to accessibility and Morale) that I let mine sunbathe while working on the Lot, as I was today. o_O

It was bright, even in the shade:
IMG_8052.jpg~original

Straight sun:
IMG_8053.jpg~original

More (relative) shade, please:
IMG_8057%201.jpg~original

Rassn'frassn picture-purpled BLUE knife!

~ P.
Are your eyes telling your mind it's blue or is your mind telling your eyes it's blue? lol

Are your eyes telling your mind it's blue or is your mind telling your eyes it's blue? lol

:p

It's a lovely, delicate blue in person, with massively chatoyant tiger-stripes (and all kinds of other figuring) in the maple.

I have tried and failed to capture both in images and video, even when the image in the phone's 'viewfinder' (screen) is correct at the time. As beautiful as it looks in some of the pictures, they con't capture what I'm seeing. Heavier editing brings the color(s) closer, but then everything else looks off.

I'd say it was my eyes, but everything else I photograph looks the same in pictures as it does in person, or at least reasonably close.

The eclipse photos are probably the most accurate, albeit darker. More light = more purple in the final image, evidently!

IMG_7585.jpg~original

IMG_7598.jpg~original

IMG_7595.jpg~original

IMG_7534.jpg~original

~ P.

My new elite knife of my collection. Picked it up at Trackrock this past weekend. I figured I would since Allen begged me and agreed to pay me $50 to take it, LOL.

At first I didn't think it was my style of knife, but this one has opened my mind from this moment forward. It's an amazingly well built, beautiful knife and probably the most comfortable one in the hand that I've owned.

W.A. Surls Brisbee

My afternoon photo sidekick and best friend, Creed

Last edited:
Lol guys. I had to promise never to sell it. Besides its the jewel of my collection.

Damn it. I think you beat my DM to bmurray by 2 mins. Guess I’ll take 2nds.

I defer to you. I already have one of these beauties, and I'd be quite happy to see you with one as well. I handled this blade this past weekend, and it is a sweeeeet blade. I'll take seconds my friend.

Offer Bob an onion, lighter fluid, and a bag of charcoal. He'll make the deal!

Tony

Back