Fiddleback User Pics

can you get a shot of the grill setup from further back?

nice meal & knife BTW
I will but it will have to be tomorrow. It’s too dark now.

It’s really just some old grating that I found that fit in the fire pit and some cast iron.

I'm actually way too lazy to do a lot of splitting and shaving to get a fire going, opting for a handful or two of dried twigs and whatever inner bark I might find. Nonetheless I did use this Handyman to make this tinder prep look super awesome

38677470810_60f72d7fdb_c.jpg

^ That Bushcrafter has a lot of interesting character to it with smoky-swirly patina and the coarse weave burlap. That knife has stories to tell. It’s a shame the newer generation of Fiddleback fans turns up their collective noses to many of the nice O1 knives on the flea market because they are afraid of a little patina.

Thanks for sharing the photo NUTRAMAC NUTRAMAC . Good luck with the Turkeys.

Phil

i was piddlin in the backyard yesterday and decided to make some lunch on my Emberlit and get rid of some unwanted limbs.
i was cutting some kindling and it became apparent the saw on my Vic....really sucks or my mojo was not aligned correctly. This is the second time Ive attempted to use it and I have had the same results both times.
2v2J1DT88xurAoi.jpg

2v2J11qGnxurAoi.jpg

"notching" around these slightly over sized "pencils" was much easier and more efficient with my Lil'Lady
2v2J11NohxurAoi.jpg

My 1/8" SFT KEBushie batonned through with ease. I Ended up with 4 splits like these 2. I was trying to build a bed of larger chunks of wood rather than continuously feed sticks in the front port.
Making a mess
2v2J1DA95xurAoi.jpg

IIrc...this is a " upside down" fire lay. If you have not tried the "wax wood stick" from Production Hangar 51....do eeet..it's awesome
2v2J1DS4nxurAoi.jpg

2v2J1DVYdxurAoi.jpg

2v2J1DCb5xurAoi.jpg

2v2J1DLUgxurAoi.jpg

it's a good thing Kylie was not home....the way I chose to set this thing up was only good for 1 hot dog

Weather has been crappy here for over month. Finally weekend with sunshine.

Went to Frozen Head State Park. It's right across the ridge from Brushy Mountain Bed & Breakfast for you history buffs.

Anyway, here's a shot of my new sharp things. My LH axe needs someone to throw it down the hill to break it in properly.

frozen_head_knife.jpg

i was piddlin in the backyard yesterday and decided to make some lunch on my Emberlit and get rid of some unwanted limbs.
i was cutting some kindling and it became apparent the saw on my Vic....really sucks or my mojo was not aligned correctly. This is the second time Ive attempted to use it and I have had the same results both times.
2v2J1DT88xurAoi.jpg

2v2J11qGnxurAoi.jpg

"notching" around these slightly over sized "pencils" was much easier and more efficient with my Lil'Lady
2v2J11NohxurAoi.jpg

My 1/8" SFT KEBushie batonned through with ease. I Ended up with 4 splits like these 2. I was trying to build a bed of larger chunks of wood rather than continuously feed sticks in the front port.
Making a mess
2v2J1DA95xurAoi.jpg

IIrc...this is a " upside down" fire lay. If you have not tried the "wax wood stick" from Production Hangar 51....do eeet..it's awesome
2v2J1DS4nxurAoi.jpg

2v2J1DVYdxurAoi.jpg

2v2J1DCb5xurAoi.jpg

2v2J1DLUgxurAoi.jpg

it's a good thing Kylie was not home....the way I chose to set this thing up was only good for 1 hot dog
Enjoyed that Phillip. I didn’t think you liked hotdogs though?

Back