Fiddleback User Pics

Recluse family trio have had some belt time this week.

VaaJsUS.jpg

QpvoVoz.jpg

hey yo Bear...good to see you back around
ive been following the advice in your signature for too long,,,i gotta send you something:thumbsup:
Hey Phillip, been having issues with my membership - gold renewal paid in Feb still not registering so can't PM and have been a bit peeved at the whole situation. Hoping to post more frequently, still been following the subform.
P.S. Did you get my email regarding east Indian Rosewood?

Hey Phillip, been having issues with my membership - gold renewal paid in Feb still not registering so can't PM and have been a bit peeved at the whole situation. Hoping to post more frequently, still been following the subform.
P.S. Did you get my email regarding east Indian Rosewood?
take your issue here
https://www.bladeforums.com/forums/tech-support-general-q-a-site-feedback-more.679/
it will probably take little bit but keep tagging Spark in your posts..he will get to it

***edit i see you did
I tagged Spark in the thread
i did not
phillip@fiddlebackforge.com

Yellow jackets typically become a real problem around here in the fall, but I've noticed quite a few buzzing around lately. Over the past couple of years, I've been stung fifteen times on four separate occasions. It's not an enjoyable experience to disturb an underground nest you didn't even know about causing a swarm to attack all at once. I now take measures to limit their population, and one way is the use of traps made specifically for yellow jackets. With their increased recent activity, I thought I should go ahead and put those out before things get out of hand this year.

I surveyed the bushcraft-style stands I use to hang the traps and found one had been damaged by a fallen tree limb. So, to help with repairs, I brought my @Cohutta Tellico. Here's a glamour shot before we got to work...
42712283034_4149ed5862_h.jpg

These stands consist of two sticks that form a cross, and the horizontal stick from the existing stand is what got damaged. After finding a suitable replacement, I began by cutting a log cabin notch where the sticks should mate.
43380572532_4db4879b20_b.jpg

I then cut a couple stake notches toward each end (not shown in this picture) and sharpened the end of the old stick to make it easier to drive into the ground.
29557596428_a456ca474b_b.jpg

Then I assembled the stand using paracord to secure the two sticks together as well as create tension that helps hold everything solid once the trap is hung. That's it; simple and functional.
41621453110_e713c66e34_b.jpg

Yellow jackets typically become a real problem around here in the fall, but I've noticed quite a few buzzing around lately. Over the past couple of years, I've been stung fifteen times on four separate occasions. It's not an enjoyable experience to disturb an underground nest you didn't even know about causing a swarm to attack all at once. I now take measures to limit their population, and one way is the use of traps made specifically for yellow jackets. With their increased recent activity, I thought I should go ahead and put those out before things get out of hand this year.

I surveyed the bushcraft-style stands I use to hang the traps and found one had been damaged by a fallen tree limb. So, to help with repairs, I brought my @Cohutta Tellico. Here's a glamour shot before we got to work...

These stands consist of two sticks that form a cross, and the horizontal stick from the existing stand is what got damaged. After finding a suitable replacement, I began by cutting a log cabin notch where the sticks should mate.

I then cut a couple stake notches toward each end (not shown in this picture) and sharpened the end of the old stick to make it easier to drive into the ground.

Then I assembled the stand using paracord to secure the two sticks together as well as create tension that helps hold everything solid once the trap is hung. That's it; simple and functional.
Man that is one sweet Tellico!!

Putting those try stick notches to use. :thumbsup:

You know how I feel about that Tellico. ;)

uPC2BNv.jpg

I used my Hunter yesterday to see how it would handle food prep for my Beef Stew. It made short work of the meat but at 3/16" thick it struggled a little with the potato and really struggled with the carrots.

The s35vn is holding up ok in the keys this week. Took it snorkeling and fishing. Only has a few spots on it. Allen Morrison made the sheaths with this trip in mind by adding the spacers for better water drainage. I'm going to drill a bunch of additional holes in the sheath when I get home.

i would think the 3/16" would power through the carrots with no problem..start out high & come down w/ a lot of force..karate chop style..i cant be held responsible for the SO's thoughts on this technique though

Back