Fiddleback User Pics

Yeah it looks like it fits well I have l-xl hands also. My hiking buddy is with me daily.

you know I thought this was a "user" thread with knives actually in use. I'll be making myself a where of this as well. There's a picture thread for unused knife pics.

Leuku I bought a few years ago right before we had our first son. Unfortunately my outdoor adventures have been limited since then but I can't wait to get back out there with this guy on my belt.

Attachments

• leuku.jpg
    leuku.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 28
This happened awhile ago. We all have 'that' friend that is good for getting you into something... Well my friend's parents had sold their house and he needed help moving the last items out of it- a washer and dryer. Friend: "C'mon man, give me a hand- will take 20 minutes and then I will buy us some beers". He proceeds to get the rental van he was using for transport stuck in the rain soaked yard getting it around to the basement door for starters...
Then I find this: His father must have used several rolls of Flex Tape all around the dryer vent hose, and the fitting on the dryer and the fitting on the wall. Everywhere he could make another pass with this tape, he did it! This was a rare day when I did not have a folder on me, nor did I have a beater knife I usually have in the truck. I had my beloved Asp. I started to run up to the store and get a box cutter, but wanted this over with and figured the Asp would make short work of the Flex Tape. Mind you, this Asp is one of my favorite Fiddleback's, usually used for light food prep only and one of only a couple knives my wife has ever referred to as 'beautiful'.

IMG_8093.JPG

It was a PITA slicing through all that Flex Tape. I refused to take pictures at the time of this activity or my soiled gunked up Asp. It was so sticky and filthy I could not even put it in the sheath. Could not wait to get home and get her cleaned up- which she did clean up nicely and then was on to more civilized tasks...

IMG_8094.JPG

I have a small backpack/carry on I usually travel with and the Asp rides in an outside pocket on that on most every trip I take.

Back