Fiddleback User Pics

welllp, looks like i got some knives to sell. :rolleyes:😀

i got this beautiful recluse from C cutchu via the flea market (thanks again). and, well, i think it’s a winner.

i have had a lot of knives pass thru my hands looking for that all-in-one 4” bladed utility/hunting knife. granted, i only received this last night, but it looks good , feels great in-hand and looks like it’s going to check all the performance boxes for me.

the most important test:

and even though it’s cold, it was begging to cut, so had to oblige and quickly see what it could do. love it.

20220126_202252.jpg20220126_202122.jpg20220126_202107.jpg
Winter is tough on steel. Normally I really love carrying a Handyman, but they are not strong enough for the harsh conditions of winter and the tasks I throw at it. The Bushcrafter takes over. It will handle the frozen wood and any task I can throw at it. Keep it sharp and its bulk is no hinderance. Comfortable and grippy contours help keep it safe while dealing with frozen digits. It's hard to fight rust when you are sliding down powder all day. It's easier to let it rust and clean it up all at once on a day off then trying to prevent it. A small sacrifice for using the mighty carbon.
20220126_111212.jpg

View attachment 1729474View attachment 1729475View attachment 1729476
Winter is tough on steel. Normally I really love carrying a Handyman, but they are not strong enough for the harsh conditions of winter and the tasks I throw at it. The Bushcrafter takes over. It will handle the frozen wood and any task I can throw at it. Keep it sharp and its bulk is no hinderance. Comfortable and grippy contours help keep it safe while dealing with frozen digits. It's hard to fight rust when you are sliding down powder all day. It's easier to let it rust and clean it up all at once on a day off then trying to prevent it. A small sacrifice for using the mighty carbon.
View attachment 1729495
The BC is one of my favorite knives. Very comfy in the grip! Looks like that one sees some serious use. Correct me if I'm wrong but that looks like Banksia Pod?

Looking North at the ridge line crest of the Bridger Range, and an Arete handle (which is French for "sharp ridge") growing from a stump. It was ready to be picked, so I took it home.
XayCfOpl.jpg

Boot-pack trail was solid, so we ditched the snowshoes.....
WBE4sWSl.jpg

X875Lggl.jpg

.....would have been nice to have the snowshoes later on.
h6dRX8Xl.jpg

Back at the car:
phdmztwl.jpg

Processing the hikes found materials:
reixuUkl.jpg

9uIq76Yl.jpg

iatkMoel.jpg

Back