Fiddlebacks and Food

Lunch time
ShardEvo-5.jpg

A little cowboy cookin... this was a trial run for my son's Cub Scout den--our Bears are working on their camp cooking merit badge next weekend. After that, their Whittling Chip... he's gonna want my Sneaky Pete. I used the SN for all the prep today. If the beans don't look like their bubbling, not to worry--pics were taken after I turned them over a couple times. They simmered to perfection.

yqFC9lo.jpg

2NxguZS.jpg

Zq8F9ta.jpg

Looks like both of you made your own Tortillas. I'm ordering a tortilla press next weekend. Love traditional Tacos especially with home made tortillas.

I wish I could take credit for those tortillas but those are made by the local HEB down the road. They make them fresh everyday and are usually still warm when you pick them up and they're damn good!

Preparing for my Cub Scout and his Den to earn their camp cookout badge... it'll be my Hobo Bacon Bean Bonanza in the cast iron on the coals. Some pics of the prep... with my new Bullfrog Bowie... which happens to be perfect.

xWxBEeQ.jpg

jPNgSrs.jpg

G1jW2ti.jpg

More to come later... I'm going to have the boys add the ingredients and hang out around the fire. Have a great Sunday.

Last edited:
Back