Fiddlebacks and Food

Hey, got another for you buddy. From this morning...best shrimp and grits I've ever had. Creamy perfection, with a giant poached egg on top.

20170622_131943_resized-vi.jpg

Put the F2 to work this evening. If you don't have an F2, you're missing out on a great little knife. To me it's like a thin blade trapper folder in a fixed blade with a superb handle.

Dinner 7/3/17:

Broiled salmon, shrimp scampi with rice pilaf, garlic sautéed zucchini, crab & shrimp stuffed mushrooms and a side of fresh corn.

https://imgur.com/gallery/4JFxv

Just posted this in the Photobucket fiasco thread as a test, but thought I'd put it up here where it belongs

"San Bei Ji" or "Three Cup Chicken"

Taiwanese dish, based on pretty much equal parts soy sauce, dark sesame oil & Chinese cooking wine, lots of fresh ginger, finished with Thai basil

With my trusty pro Bushfinger & my beloved Hiking Buddy

40520887100421-vi.jpg

Two pork butts on the Traeger. Using cherry wood.

OHjRLPg.jpg

I didn't want to throw my Monarch on the grill so here is an out of pocket shot.

vib3l4x.jpg

Hey Luca, what's is the knife on the side of the plate with the poached eggs? Looks, like a WA surls loveless style hunter.

Prepping for Portobello Stir Fry again!
IMG_20170708_100147_2.jpg

That looks like the beginning of something great! How do you like the Minimuk for food prep? I'me really excited, I've got a gorgeous Rosewood burl full size Nessmuk that Abe (Scotcha) somehow parted with on the way from Australia. Looking forward to using it for food prep, & really looking forward to hopefully skinning an elk with it this fall

The long belly works great for slicing, but the thickened spine behind the drop of the point creates great control for piercing silver skin/fat caps/plastic wrapping on food packaging. It, to me, acts as a great combination of a chef's knife and a santoku in the kitchen; or a great combination of a clip point and a sheepsfoot blade in pocket knife terms.

I've owned a Minimuk, Stubbymuk, and a Neckmuk. The Minimuk is a great companion in the kitchen, and the Neckmuk is really fun to pocket carry. I sold the Stubbymuk as I preferred the size of the Neckmuk for carry and Minimuk for kitchen. I haven't had the opportunity to try the full size Nessmuk, but I would think the extra length would make it even more handy in the kitchen. If it's 5/32" it may be a little thick for kitchen work, though. It might tend to wedge in things like potatoes/gords.

I'm excited to hear your thoughts once you get to use your Nessmuk!

Fin. (Complimented with leftover chicken as seen in the "What's for Dinner" thread.)

IMG_20170708_134640_2.jpg

(I wish my phone didn't take garbage pictures indoors, I wouldn't have to edit the snot out of them.)

Back