Fiddlebacks and Food

More wood bolsters would be awesome, they are harder to find. I am fresh out or am I....but would love a couple more.

So the collection of wood bolsters grows! I approve of this. :thumbsup: Going to be an amazing group of knives to see together.

Ok, I can't stand watching that beautiful knife sit there any longer. If it is still available I'll take it.
Unused epic EDK in dual burl wood (ironwood and ?), SFT, 3/32” A2 steel.

So the collection of wood bolsters grows! I approve of this. :thumbsup: Going to be an amazing group of knives to see together.

I really had to I've been scrolling back just to look at it for a while now. They will be good together.

prep work is done
2v2JfLU4TxurAoi.jpg

I'm a big fan of ground turkey! We use it a lot for meatballs.
pics or it didnt happen:)

for real
i add enough spices...ie..paprika among other things you would be hard pressed to tell the difference

@allen456 hates ground turkey,,,,but he ate a couple of my leftover ground turkey tacos i took to work a little while back

pics or it didnt happen:)

for real
i add enough spices...ie..paprika among other things you would be hard pressed to tell the difference

@allen456 hates ground turkey,,,,but he ate a couple of my leftover ground turkey tacos i took to work a little while back
I just looked, I don't have any! I'll take some next time. We're making some turkey tomorrow for dinner. Not sure what yet.

have you guys been watching Ugly Delicious on Netflix? Sometimes the host and the friends come off a bit arrogant (at least my wife thinks so), but I do enjoy their slightly different take on exploring and showing different culinary cultures. I'm only through 4 episodes, but the last one I saw called "Shrimp & Crawfish" was particularly interesting because I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing the Cajun cuisine and how the influx of Vietnamese culture in that part of the country (LA & TX) is creating interesting variants of it. Was at New Orleans for a conference several years ago in my early 20s, and I was too ignorant back then to try the local cuisine, instead went to steakhouses for meals :oops:

Last edited:
have you guys been watching Ugly Delicious on Netflix? Sometimes the host and the friends come off a bit arrogant (at least my wife thinks so), but I do enjoy their slightly different take on exploring and showing different culinary cultures. I'm only through 4 episodes, but the last one I saw called "Shrimp & Crawfish" was particularly interesting because I haven't had the pleasure of experiencing the Cajun cuisine and how the influx of Vietnamese culture in that part of the country (LA & TX) is creating interesting variants of it. Was at New Orleans for a conference several years ago in my early 20s, and I was too ignorant back then to try the local cuisine, instead went to steakhouses for meals :oops:
Oh Man! It's time to try some..May I suggest trying Crawfish Etouffee as an opener to this wonderful crustacean! I lived in Baton Rouge many years ago and this was one of my favorites.

varga49 varga49 for sure, it's definitely on my bucket list to try the classic crawfish dish somewhere in LA (it seemed at least from the show that folks in Louisiana won't change the dish from how it's always been done, which I think is kinda refreshing and cool. I'm all for changing and mixing things up, but I do respect people who adhere to traditions) and the viet-cajun version in Houston. I'll probably have higher chance of trying out the viet-cajun first since the company I work for have a new office in Houston :D

Back