Fiddlebacks in the Sky - What do you have coming your way?

My apologies to my Fiddleback family...I'm not sure if anyone noticed but there was a SWEET 1/8" sapphire burlap convex Handyman that just sold on eBay. I missed it in the last 30 seconds by $2.50. :mad:

I hope one of you all got it! Congrats and darn you! Lol :p

I've been bitten by the bug, and I have a feeling it's a nasty one.

After some lurking around this forum, yesterday I pulled the trigger on a beautiful Bushfinger (Evergreen burlapwith natural bolster and liners, TT) I found on DLT. I pretty much fell in love with everything about it. It reminds me of being in the White Mountains, which is my all time favorite place to hike.

So now, of course, I'm anxiously awaiting and have a crazed desire to get a few more of thes Fiddleback Forge beauties down the road (the Asp and Hunter are calling loudly).

I guess the good news is it's a Fiddleback Forge bug vs the actual spider (one of my squad leaders got bit by one in the late 80's and waited too long to let anyone know; it was flat out horrifying).

The bad news is I doubt I'll have enough expendable cash to buy another knife until Christmas.

I've been bitten by the bug, and I have a feeling it's a nasty one.

After some lurking around this forum, yesterday I pulled the trigger on a beautiful Bushfinger (Evergreen burlapwith natural bolster and liners, TT) I found on DLT. I pretty much fell in love with everything about it. It reminds me of being in the White Mountains, which is my all time favorite place to hike.

Top-shelf information throughout, from a TT Bushfinger through your affinity for the White Mountains! :cool:

IMG_0254_zps62db78bc.jpg~original

I do not (yet) have a Bushfinger, but have handled a few and highly recommend it as a first/only (heh) FF knife, all the more with a Tapered Tang. The balance is delectable. I am likely a goner as soon as one that ticks my own boxes appears.

Congratulations, welcome, and: good luck. :)

~ P.

Thanks Pertinux! I so have to get back up there! Probably not in the cards this year (my wife is pretty sick), but I'm hopeful for next year.

Meanwhile the postman delivered my Bushfinger yesterday and I absolutely love it. It's really a magnificent piece of art. I have some very finely engineered knives, but this is the first one that feels like it has a soul.

I guess the sickness has taken hold as I'm already justifying the need for a few more. I traditionally do three backpacking or peak bagging trips a year (one alone, one with each of my kids). I'm starting to like the idea of having a second so I can carry one every time I go out with my son and a different one everytime I go out with my daughter. Eventually, I'll pass them down to the respective kid.

Of course, then there is the third one for my solo trips and an EDC. So I guess I just talked myself into four.

I guess I had better keep cracking at works so I earn a nice performance bonus. Daddy needs some new blades...

So I picked up a Runt as the handles were plain sawn which I don't see from Andy often. Thought it was kinda neat and small so why not.

Then I saw the Babyboot with the Curly-Q on the last Friday sale which was the first one made. It was Quarter-sawn. Ok why not, I was told I wouldn't regret it after all.

I figured 2 was enough, then I got an email from Fiddleback Outpost with their Saturday releases so I bought a Bear cub. It had a cool burl with some grain so thought it was a nest transition and wanted to try the size anyways.

Then on last Friday there was a Maple Bushcrafter so I snagged that too. So that's 4 between the Fridays.

Let's see what this week brings.

The pro-kephart looks nothing like the original design. The only thing similar is the name. Horace was known as the grandfather of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park.

Kind of like a musician will take a melody and re-interpret a song, shifting the perspective and the tempo and the key to make something new, so too the Fiddleback Kephart.

Thanks to you all for the replies. It's really nice to get such quick answers.

Added a Drop Point Renegade to the list and a Surls Huntsman. So 5 FBF and 1 Surls. Busy week!

Back