Fiddlebacks in the Sky - What do you have coming your way?

This production Hiking Buddy is currently "Out for delivery" per usps. I picked this up because I plan on making several sets of custom scales. I dabble in silicone mold/resin making and plan on making some Allumilite scales. That way I can have a set of scales for every outfit choice! LOL, ok i kid about the outfit, but I do plan on making several scale sets so I can change it up from time to time. I am for sure going to make some glow scales!
I'll post picks here in the forum for my Fiddleback familia when I do.

2yynxuq.jpg

Here are a couple of Firesteels I casted in resin.
x1 I casted in coffee beans and the other is cholla cactus with blue glow.

190aww.jpg

2hnauz9.jpg

Last edited:

THIS arrived today and I can confirm my love at first sight did not disappoint. I can tell this will be a long lasting relationship with my jigged bone babyboot;-)

Thank you Fiddleback Outpost Fiddleback Outpost for the quick shipping!
and thank you Fiddleback Fiddleback for another beautiful blade
(hoping to see more jigged bone in the future ;-)
That one is kind of begging for a leather lanyard! Looks fantastic! :cool:

THIS arrived today and I can confirm my love at first sight did not disappoint. I can tell this will be a long lasting relationship with my jigged bone babyboot;-)

Thank you Fiddleback Outpost Fiddleback Outpost for the quick shipping!
and thank you Fiddleback Fiddleback for another beautiful blade
(hoping to see more jigged bone in the future ;-)
Nice score‼️ It has a nice subtle swedge

That bushcraft taster BCT from today’s sell is on the way. I love the large handle. Also hopefully an Osage 1/8” KE Bushie at blade.

Last edited:
I just picked this up on another forum, hope to have it in the next week or so. The seller listed it as 01, but a forum member chimed in and said he was pretty positive it was in fact A2? I'm inclined to think it's 01, but I thought if I posted it here, someone here would be able to help shed some light on the matter. Is it possible to tell what said steel it is by the spalting alone?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Also to add, this is my first Muk from Fiddleback, and I'm really really interested and excited to see how it works compared to a more traditional pointier blade shape? (but wouldn't the Nessmuk shape be considered traditional, based on how old it is and it's history?) Mind blown! LOL.

1038scm.jpg

I just picked this up on another forum, hope to have it in the next week or so. The seller listed it as 01, but a forum member chimed in and said he was pretty positive it was in fact A2? I'm inclined to think it's 01, but I thought if I posted it here, someone here would be able to help shed some light on the matter. Is it possible to tell what said steel it is by the spalting alone?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Also to add, this is my first Muk from Fiddleback, and I'm really really interested and excited to see how it works compared to a more traditional pointier blade shape? (but wouldn't the Nessmuk shape be considered traditional, based on how old it is and it's history?) Mind blown! LOL.

1038scm.jpg
I think this might help solve that.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fiddleback-friday-1-27-2017.1465783/#post-16869183

Thanks Nbrakett! That link you posted cleared things up. It's 5/32 A2. I thought it was 1/8 01.

I will really miss that one! I think you will find it looks even better in person Bill and it seems to be a perfect fit for where youre headed!

Back