Fiddlebacks in the Sky - What do you have coming your way?

Got this the other day on the big auction site. Currently It's in the air somewhere between Georgia and California.
This is one of the auction pics.
Coming out of Georgia, maybe someone here recognizes this little gem?

I've been curious about this knife for a long time and am pretty stoked to finally use one.

Other than opening boxes (I know this is a beast for that) what are you guys/gals who also have one, find yourself using it on? Anyone use if for food prep/eating?

2zoyrsw.jpg

2g4QxQb.jpg

New to the forum and new to Fiddleback Forge knives. Sorry for the crappy picture, couldn't get a great screenshot from their website. My Christmas present is on its way from The Knife Connection. Old School Lady Finger in Oreo burlap with natural liners and lime pin stripes. Super excited to get this peice of art in my hands. My wife will kill me if I don't use it as intended but it's going to be tough taking something so beautiful to a hunk of wood. Do most of you actually beat on your knives or are they mostly for looks?

2g4QxQb.jpg

New to the forum and new to Fiddleback Forge knives. Sorry for the crappy picture, couldn't get a great screenshot from their website. My Christmas present is on its way from The Knife Connection. Old School Lady Finger in Oreo burlap with natural liners and lime pin stripes. Super excited to get this peice of art in my hands. My wife will kill me if I don't use it as intended but it's going to be tough taking something so beautiful to a hunk of wood. Do most of you actually beat on your knives or are they mostly for looks?
Hi Sam & Welcome aboard!
Of course we use them. It makes the Shop happy to see them being used as well

Check out this thread....
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/fiddleback-user-pics.612052/

Welcome!

You’ve picked a nice one! The Ladyfinger was my first Fiddleback and has remained one of my favorite models. The great thing about the Fiddleback knives is that they are beautiful to look at, but are also meant to be used. The User Pics thread is a great place to see these knives in action.

Make sure to post pics of your Ladyfinger when you can. We like pictures. :)

2g4QxQb.jpg

Great score man—you will not be disappointed... if fact, you’ll likely be addicted! And yes, I use mine... and they just get better looking as you knock the new off of them! Congrats.

No longer in the sky, but both landed at home today.
The Kephart has a crazy good looking chatoyance (hard to capture in a picture) that I was not expecting, but am pleasantly happy with : )

25ivo9d.jpg
Man if you ever want to part with that hiking buddy let me know - I love the oatmeal burlap so much.

Man if you ever want to part with that hiking buddy let me know - I love the oatmeal burlap so much.

Thanks, but That may not happen anytime soon lol. I love the oatmeal burlap too. Also being 3/32" makes it more harder to let go for me.

Just ordered this Esquire from the FF web site. I'm really digging the striations on these scales!
The tortuous waiting game now begins lol!

Got the matching shirt to go with it too! Hey, my wife matches her purses to her shoes, so I gotta match my knives to my shirts! lol (not really, but my wife did roll her eyes at me when I told her the shirt & knife match lol!)

Last edited:
Just ordered this Esquire from the FF web site. I'm really digging the striations on these scales!
The tortuous waiting game now begins lol!

Got the matching shirt to go with it too! Hey, my wife matches her purses to her shoes, so I gotta match my knives to my shirts! lol (not really, but my wife did roll her eyes at me when I told her the shirt & knife match lol!)

No blue on either items :eek:...getting outside your comfort zone! :)
Nice one!

This one:

I know I am not a super-active member, but I have been following for many years. Just got back to a position where I could start buying again and I just couldn't resist pulling the trigger.
Hiking_Buddy_-_Box_Elder_Burl03_1024x.jpg
NICE!! Congrats! I know a lot of folks were after that one and it was tough for me to behave and not try for it. Love that high grind, and the colors of course :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks. It was a tough choice about wether or not to also grab that Bushboot. Fortunately, that decision was taken out of my hands because someone else grabbed that one quick.

Back