Fiddlebacks in the Sky - What do you have coming your way?

Hopefully arriving tomorrow, a Fiddleback Kephart with Gunmetal Curly Ash handles. 4" blade of 8670 Steel. My first Fiddleback Forge.

ysq6RH2.jpg

AElKcyw.jpg

Hopefully arriving tomorrow, a Fiddleback Kephart with Gunmetal Curly Ash handles. 4" blade of 8670 Steel. My first Fiddleback Forge.

ysq6RH2.jpg

AElKcyw.jpg
Nice score - I've got a mid-tech Kephart, but have pined for a handmade version for years. Great, comfortable handle design and (to me) very useful blade shape. Congrats on picking up this unique beauty.

Nice score - I've got a mid-tech Kephart, but have pined for a handmade version for years. Great, comfortable handle design and (to me) very useful blade shape. Congrats on picking up this unique beauty.

Know what you mean, I have a mid-tech HB, but have pined for a handmade one in a nice Osage handle. The handmade ones just have a nicer aesthetic appeal, with the handle being contoured nicely.

Last edited:
Know what you mean, I have a mid-tech HB, but have pined for a handmade one in a nice Osage handle. The handmade ones just have a nicer aesthetic appeal, with the handle being contoured nicely.
Definitely, not as eye catching.

I gifted a mid-tech HB to a friend who hunts and he stated it was the best knife he has ever used. Kind of makes me want another one and knives ship free has some still in stock....Such as a nice compact user that requires little care, but performs well and has a comfortable Hiking Buddy handle shape.

I did get this one, Due South knives sort of took a mid tech HB and put on Osage (?) handles on it, maybe changed it a bit. I believe I got this from Choppaman.

View attachment 1654475

WOW, haven't seen that in a while! Still looks good!
I remember those pieces - they were up on Old Town Cutlery.

I think that Osage is a Puuko? it does not have a finger guard like the Hiking Buddy, but does have the same handle and blade shape.

Does not seem like many were produced - do you remember Choppaman?

JKF4PIzl.jpg

I remember those pieces - they were up on Old Town Cutlery.

I think that Osage is a Puuko? it does not have a finger guard like the Hiking Buddy, but does have the same handle and blade shape.

Does not seem like many were produced - do you remember Choppaman?

JKF4PIzl.jpg
There were not many. I had a bloodwood one with a guard and the osage one. I believe Scott Davidson was assisting Lee Tigner on those. The leather sheaths were definitely from Scott. I've sold both. I don't believe that profile is an option due to people going different directions. For some reason I remember Andy providing those variants of the Hiking Buddy/Handyman profiles but it's just what I heard.

Well, it was going to be the last knife of 2021, but I waited and now it's the 1st knife of 2022.

Back