Field testing the Sendero bush knife in Brazil

fisk

National Living Treasure & Subject Matter Expert
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I am in Brazil right now to field test the bush knife while hog hunting. Hopefully we will get a few hogs and can test it skinning, again. If not then we will test it other ways anyway. This is the best game/field knife I have ever used and I am really looking forward to it. I have a couple of them I will loan the ranch hands and boss to get their feed back as well. I will keep you posted the next few days but am not sure if we Internet there as is very remote. Think jungle. I will record what their honest opinions are and post them.

We are getting ready to start heading out shortly. We are going to be hunting in the Atlantic rain forest part of the country. Like at home wild pigs are rooting up every thing around here. It was only last year they began to allow hunting of any type here in São Paulo state. My wife Bob and I are both hoping to get a pig the hogs here are big Russian strain. One of us will use a shotgun the other a rifle. As you can imigian the vegetation can be very thick and the shots up close. They have a lot of puma in the area but we cannot shoot one, hogs only. That's one thing that is good about the Sendero bush knife being so sharp, if the puma gets after me I can use the bush knife to cut my own guts out before the puma gets to me. Yehawwww. Ok, maybe not. That is one thing I am looking forward to seeing what the local people think of the bush knife because being remote at times a good knife that works well is very treasured as it can literally make a difference between life and death sometimes. I will post when I can.

Looking forward to more reports from Brazil... Happy hunting!

Back