Fillet Knife for the Kitchen

Time has come to step up from my $15 Rapala fillet knife to do fish in the kitchen. Looking for something higher quality with a thin 6"-8" blade for trout and salmon. Really need something flexible for delicate work. Currently have shuns for cooking and would like stay around the same quality. Most of my kitchen stuff comes from William Sonoma, as my family has learned I like there kitchen stuff. I have been looking in the $100 range but wouldn't mind something with character like an Uncle Henry Fillet.

Past history..
I have been fishing for years, usually get my fillet knifes out of commercial fishing shores for $30-40. Use them for cutting bait, filleting fish and other boat debauchery. Current Rapala is from when time forgot fishing box in the garage (to stiff and crusty) and now the Rapala needs to stay outside according to the spousal authority.

List, just nothing speaks to me and says buy me (they really don't say kitchen)

Cabelas Alaskan Guide-Not big on coated blade, logo is tacky
Uncle Henry- Like the old look, just not sure on blade being thin and flexy
Mora Fillet- Wife might put this in the not allowed in the kitchen
Custom knife makes- I need a go fund me...

Last edited:
This one looks nice:

Steinbit_1_1024x1024@2x.jpg

https://ragweedforgestore.com/collections/fishing/products/helle-steinbit

No personal experience with it.

Good luck.

Joe

Thank you, didn't know Helle made a fillet knife. Kind of between the helle and fancy'er mora knife.

I think this would would be "pretty" enough to be allowed in the kitchen...?

I have a vintage Case I keep in a kitchen drawer for occasional use and it goes fishing too. Such knifes are available on the used market.

Back