• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Finally, a proper use for Strider Knives...

We all know about Strider's fictitious military service.
Many don't want the knives due to the Stolen Valor.

But what if you want a Stolen Valor collection?

Enter Frank Dux. ;)

5MDCOCC.jpg

5qoBWJx.jpg

mlhkK0U.jpg

His lies are legendary.
The movie Bloodsport was based on the ridiculous lies about his fight training and carreer.

Look at him Dim Mak that concrete slab:

Kvd7bQF.jpg

Where it gets really good is with his time in the military and claimed covert ops stuff.
See the picture at top left?

pksxyJ6.jpg

QaGrQzR.jpg

That picture actually came from the set of a short film done by the same guy who did wrote Bloodsport. This film:

He was also featured in a book on stolen valor, and some magazine articles an the same topic.

He can also punch through bulletproof glass and beat 26 people in a tug-of-war. :D

xnmRCKt.jpg

And just look at his amazing disguise abilities in the lower right part of the picture:

fpPcF4q.jpg

He blends in almost as well as the SnG does. Digicam means you cannot see it, right?

So there you have it; a perfect pairing and a valid place in ones collection.

Of course, the funny thing is that Frank Dux's lies gave us the movie Bloodsport, which inspired many people to become actual, legitimate fighters.

Just treat it like the fiction it is and it’s much more entertaining. His story is a lot more impressive than Mickey Hamburglar’s.

Pure fiction. I was in Japan just after he was, and I had martial arts friends who knew him. He was an Air Force sergeant who competed in martial arts in his spare time. And the other claims are hilarious and false. Let him provide some documentation that he was in the CIA. Even people in deep cover would get paid by the Agency and they would have some form of documentation.

Pure fiction. I was in Japan just after he was, and I had martial arts friends who knew him. He was an Air Force sergeant who competed in martial arts in his spare time. And the other claims are hilarious and false. Let him provide some documentation that he was in the CIA. Even people in deep cover would get paid by the Agency and they would have some form of documentation.

It is so purely and obviously fictional it is hilarious. I bought the book so I could enjoy all the lies. :D

Strangely, there are still many who believe.

Young teen me was absolutely amazed on first viewing Bloodsport that this mythological figure could exist.

Finding out that the "facts" about Dux were false was worse than finding out Santa wasn't real. 😢

71hYPR9qpEL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

• Publisher: Paladin Pr; First Edition (January 1, 1993)
  • Language: English
  • Paperback: 240 pages
  • ISBN-10: 0873647181
  • ISBN-13: 978-0873647182
  • Item Weight: 12 ounces
  • Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.5 x 8.5 inches

o7iH9Ie.jpg

:D

"Death Touch" is a myth, but hitting certain spots for greater effect is valid enough.

In UFC 3, Keith Hackney hit Emmanuel Yarbrough on what looks to be Gallbladder 14 with a wheeling, overhand palm hit (at around one minute, 57 seconds). Knocks him down with it, but not fully out. Some back and forth fighting follows, ending when he proceeds to break his hand entirely all over his head! ;) Keeps pounding him with the busted shards of his right hand.

He should have used a sap. :)

I think if you were able to call up his service record you would see.....there isn't one. I'm fairly certain he has never spent a day in uniform. Everything about his life was a lie.

In the '80's he also claimed to be a SEAL. However with the advent of the net and with guys like Don Shipley it's become almost impossible to continue to lie about SF membership.

I fully expected to open this thread and see a knife being used as a door wedge.

Back