Finally back with something new.

So, it is very nice to finally be back!
I thought I would share a new knife I recently made now that my elbows are on the mend.
There are a few more on my bench that are coming along nicely as well.

This one is a slim and rather small knife with mammoth ivory bolsters and reindeer bone handle with a Sandvik 12c27 steel blade.
Overall length is just under 10".

Thanks for having a look, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
/Magnus

Last edited:
aha! You figured out the photo thing, sorry I didn't get back to you about that:oops:
You KNOW I love this piece, it has a familiarity to it- like a long lost cousin

Fantastic work, as always, my friend....great to see you here!!! :cool:
Thank you very much my firend! Very happy to be hereagain! :)

aha! You figured out the photo thing, sorry I didn't get back to you about that:oops:
You KNOW I love this piece, it has a familiarity to it- like a long lost cousin
Yep I remembered how it was done! Thank you!

I'm impressed! Again and again with your work.

Hope you are well. Keep us posted. :thumbsup:
Thank you very much Coop! as always, your words mean a great deal to me!

That thing is wickedly awesome! What is the technical name of the type of grind you have on that blade?
Thank you very much!
I have often heard this grind being called "compound grind".

Gorgeous!
Thank you!

Welcome back, Magnus Axelson! Super cool knife and sheath.

Magnus Axelson. Damn it's fun to say Magnus Axelson. I wish my name was as cool as Magnus Axelson.

It looks like a letter-opener for the King of Siam..
You are obviously an artist as well as a fine craftsman.

Last edited:
That is a real classy knife mate.
Great job on the sheath too, really adds to it.
Thanks for sharing.
mitch
Thank you very much indeed! I really do like to put extra effort into my sheaths!

Welcome back, Magnus Axelson! Super cool knife and sheath.

Magnus Axelson. Damn it's fun to say Magnus Axelson. I wish my name was as cool as Magnus Axelson.
Thank you for your kind words! Ha ha, I am glad you find my name fun to say, but i does get "old" after a while, I promise! ;-)

It looks like a letter-opener for the King of Siam...
Thank you! Funny you should mention "letter-opener, this was initially intended to be just that! But it evolved!

Stunning!!!! Simply stunning!
Thank you, very appreciated!

that is really neat. a breath of fresh air. :thumbsup:
Thank you, great to hear! :)

Magnus, it is great to have you back, please make your visits more frequent. I think of you as one of the most innovative and talented makers in the world, both knives and SHEATHS!

Paul

Magnus, it is great to have you back, please make your visits more frequent. I think of you as one of the most innovative and talented makers in the world, both knives and SHEATHS!

Paul

Thank you so much for those very kind words Paul! It is the best praise I can hope to get! :)

Beautiful knife!

( I always told my wife if we had twin boys, they would be named Magnus and Axel. There is family precedence for both of these names... no way she could argue.)

Back