Finally did something with my knives!

akaMatt

Gold Member
I guess it pays to have a very modest collection, although it seems to be growing again lately.

I found an old craftsman storage box in my closet that wasn't being used...
7OHZOPu.jpg

Added a nice, thick, plush microfiber buffing towel (crudely cut to fit)...
RGiUIrH.jpg

Plus some old foam laying around the house, thinly sliced... and voila!
1wt2GAo.jpg

Portable, safe storage for 14 of my knives. Plus one for my pocket! One comes out, one goes in!
kjvUjdQ.jpg

Only one yeller peanut didn't make the cut for the box... time to start adding for the next one, I guess!

Cigar boxes work well too, often times they can be had rather inexpensively at tobacco / cigar shops...
I tend to just line em up all naked like together in the box, but I like what you did there:thumbsup:
That's exactly what I do. Four cigar boxes so far, plus I keep my Spanish navaja and my Hartshead Barlow (@Jack Black SFO) in the boxes they came in.

I have a way to go before I need a briefcase for my knives! :eek::D

I was using a Christmas card box before, probably about the size of a cigar box, but everytime I bumped it they all went flying around. I wanted to give them a little more protection, and also something I can take with me if I ever get out of the house again!

Also, and probably most importantly, I was kinda bored and just wanted to play with my knives somehow! :thumbsup:

My local Total Wine has free wooden cigar boxes. They are right by the exit. I take 2 each time I buy booze. Maybe other locations do this too.

Back