Finally!!!

Went to the gun show in Tulsa today, as I do twice a year. This time I headed straight to the White River table, looking for a specific knife, and there it was. I'm now the proud owner of a Sendero Classic, black/maple Richlite handle, and hand-rubbed satin finish. I LIKE THIS KNIFE!!! I'm a fan of Jerry Fisk, but this is the only way I can afford anything with his name on it! And the White River folks were a pleasure to deal with. Very happy camper here...

Oh yeah, it's pretty close to perfect, in my opinion. Cuts like a knife should, and feels good doing it. I've been promising myself one of these for about 5 years. I'll try to get pics in the next day or so, before I bugger it up too bad, but I bought it to be a user.

Oh yeah, it's pretty close to perfect, in my opinion. Cuts like a knife should, and feels good doing it. I've been promising myself one of these for about 5 years. I'll try to get pics in the next day or so, before I bugger it up too bad, but I bought it to be a user.

Kinda nice that procrastinating worked in your favor, since they upgraded from S30V to S35VN during that time.

Yes, this time procrastinating worked, that's not usually the case for me! Unfortunately, I also saw one of their custom Sendero Classic models. Snakewood handles with mosaic pins. Absolutely beautiful. Just too pretty to use, even for me! If I could have afforded it, though...

Cleared the last hurdle today. Went to see the top dog at my job, and explained my new cutting tool. He checked corporate guidelines, and determined that if I wasn't breaking any local ordinance, I wasn't violating company policy. I can carry this beauty at work!

Cleared the last hurdle today. Went to see the top dog at my job, and explained my new cutting tool. He checked corporate guidelines, and determined that if I wasn't breaking any local ordinance, I wasn't violating company policy. I can carry this beauty at work!

That’s a great knife! Glad you were able to get it. I have one with the black micarta scales and my work will allow me to carry mine too!

_72A4737.JPG _72A4970.JPG

Wow, that really is a fantastic knife!

While we're at it though, I've always wondered why the dead zone between the guard and the edge on so many knives, like above? It doesn't look functional as a finger choil, or is it?

Wow, that really is a fantastic knife!

While we're at it though, I've always wondered why the dead zone between the guard and the edge on so many knives, like above? It doesn't look functional as a finger choil, or is it?

My finger is not going past the bolster, the blade is quite sharp.

No, it's not a choil, per se, but I think the ricasso on the Sendero Classic is actually a quite subtle design feature. The geometry allows one to safely put a finger forward of the guard, but across the blade, rather than under it, and with the thumb on the flat, holding the knife sideways. It's a form of pinch grip that can be very useful in doing fine work with the edge or the point.

And, on this particular knife, it's quite a good fit aesthetically with the rest of the piece...

Back