1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Finding a few Axes

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by CoyoteCrazy, May 31, 2015.

1. CoyoteCrazy

CoyoteCrazy

May 31, 2015
    Hi All,
    I'm from North Central Wisconnsin and recently obtained permission to metal detect an early 1900s logging camp. It's nothing more that a wheat field today but i found my 24th axe head so the camp definitely existed. Some are in bad shape but some will clean up with some work. A few are stamped Kelly Handmade or Kelly Vulcan Axe, anyway I'll get pics on asap

2. CoyoteCrazy

CoyoteCrazy

May 31, 2015
    Hmmm says forum does not accept tapatalk for photos?

3. tanglediver

tanglediver Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Far out! (How long since you heard that expression?)

My one and only Kelly is probably my best axe for taking an edge.

4. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    I've got a 1910's Kelly Rockaway Jersey that I love, just needs a new stick at the moment. Have a TT Kelly Works Connie that's darn good as well.

Show us pics of what you've found once you've got pics to work!

5. 300Six

300Six

Aug 29, 2013
    'Far out' and 'Cool' are still in my vocabulary (and not so; 'Groovy') only because more recent 'awesome' and 'wicked' don't do anything for me. On the other hand; where the H did 'Far out, man' come from in the first place? Quote from an acid-tripped land surveyor looking out over the Grand Canyon?

6. rockman0

rockman0 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    Haha! Good stuff 300 six, I apolgize in advance but I'll pull a garry3 and say "pics or it didn't happen"

7. rockman0

rockman0 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    Thanks for the links to pics! Several of those will make good users. They just need some tlc.

8. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    That Kelly handmade looks almost brand new!

9. Square_peg

Square_peg Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 1, 2012
  10. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    Totally radical!

11. halfaxe

halfaxe

Nov 29, 2012
    That is a pile of gnarly axes man.

12. quinton

quinton

Nov 4, 2006
    Killer!

13. tanglediver

tanglediver Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2013
    Stylin', :strawberry: those irons will keep you stoked for days!

14. jblyttle

jblyttle Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 3, 2014
    Wicked Pisser! I mean Piss-ah!

15. garry3

garry3

Sep 11, 2012
    Interesting collection.
    No oxen shoes?

16. Phi Sig

Phi Sig

Oct 15, 2006
    CoyoteCrazy, when you say Northcentral WI are you around the Rhinelander area? My boys go to scout camp at Tesomas, beautiful area.

17. Remzy

Remzy

Feb 7, 2015
    Groovy selection, dude!

18. CoyoteCrazy

CoyoteCrazy

May 31, 2015
    About 30 miles from rhinelander Sig