Finding a few Axes

Hi All,
I'm from North Central Wisconnsin and recently obtained permission to metal detect an early 1900s logging camp. It's nothing more that a wheat field today but i found my 24th axe head so the camp definitely existed. Some are in bad shape but some will clean up with some work. A few are stamped Kelly Handmade or Kelly Vulcan Axe, anyway I'll get pics on asap

Far out! (How long since you heard that expression?)

My one and only Kelly is probably my best axe for taking an edge.

I've got a 1910's Kelly Rockaway Jersey that I love, just needs a new stick at the moment. Have a TT Kelly Works Connie that's darn good as well.

Show us pics of what you've found once you've got pics to work!

Far out! (How long since you heard that expression?)

'Far out' and 'Cool' are still in my vocabulary (and not so; 'Groovy') only because more recent 'awesome' and 'wicked' don't do anything for me. On the other hand; where the H did 'Far out, man' come from in the first place? Quote from an acid-tripped land surveyor looking out over the Grand Canyon?

'Far out' and 'Cool' are still in my vocabulary (and not so; 'Groovy') only because more recent 'awesome' and 'wicked' don't do anything for me. On the other hand; where the H did 'Far out, man' come from in the first place? Quote from an acid-tripped land surveyor looking out over the Grand Canyon?

Haha! Good stuff 300 six, I apolgize in advance but I'll pull a garry3 and say "pics or it didn't happen"

Thanks for the links to pics! Several of those will make good users. They just need some tlc.

Dude, that's amazing!

I mean..........far out, man!
cool.gif

CoyoteCrazy, when you say Northcentral WI are you around the Rhinelander area? My boys go to scout camp at Tesomas, beautiful area.

Back