Finding Bigfoot (110)

While being dragged through our local Walmart we passed the knife counter full of Chinese made blunt tools. As I cussed under my breath my wife mentioned "They have a buck!". I stopped dead and asked the kid behind the counter for a look. He pulled out the famous buck box and handed me what surely was a knife from from the custom shop that had gotten mixed in with regular 110's. Fit & finish, blade centering, ebony scales,.... everything was perfect! Probably the sharpest knife I've ever felt too. Since I've had my 110 since I was 11-12 years old, I bought it of course! Another guy waiting for something also bought one...the last one!

Trying to find a 110 in Walmart around here has been like finding Bigfoot in NYC! This stupid pandemic and everything that has come along with it is seriously to much! I've found 110's in academy sports but they have the nylon sheath and clam packages, same with the ones in cabelas. Plus they aren't $35... I think I've been to every Walmart in upstate SC and this was the only one to have them in the box. Most are sold out of 110's, even the 110 LT. First toilet paper and hand sanitizer now Buck knives...

Now I got a problem, this 110 is just to nice to carry!!

While being dragged through our local Walmart we passed the knife counter full of Chinese made blunt tools. As I cussed under my breath my wife mentioned "They have a buck!". I stopped dead and asked the kid behind the counter for a look. He pulled out the famous buck box and handed me what surely was a knife from from the custom shop that had gotten mixed in with regular 110's. Fit & finish, blade centering, ebony scales,.... everything was perfect! Probably the sharpest knife I've ever felt too. Since I've had my 110 since I was 11-12 years old, I bought it of course! Another guy waiting for something also bought one...the last one!

Trying to find a 110 in Walmart around here has been like finding Bigfoot in NYC! This stupid pandemic and everything that has come along with it is seriously to much! I've found 110's in academy sports but they have the nylon sheath and clam packages, same with the ones in cabelas. Plus they aren't $35... I think I've been to every Walmart in upstate SC and this was the only one to have them in the box. Most are sold out of 110's, even the 110 LT. First toilet paper and hand sanitizer now Buck knives...

As it is with Bigfoot, we will need photo evidence of your 110. Until then, it's just a myth. ;)

Yeah and no fuzzy pictures in dense foliage or just the end of the bolster peeking from behind a tree. 😆 and no plaster casts of tracks 😆.
Just kidding of course but congratulations on finding a goodun . We’ll be looking for those pictures.

Carrying it will only add character and to your enjoyment of the knife...use it and enjoy it!
Edited to add photo...
jjMElfk.jpg

Last edited:
That has been my 110 experience, and all were standard production.
Mine, the ebony I bought my dad, bought my cousin, all excellent.

Yes the three Walmarts i visit have been out but finally back in stock and all in the big yellow box.
i just got my 2021 annually purchased 110 last week. Thinking about a Walmart 2021 119 as well though i might wait and get that 119 pro from Buck direct. Love the steel and micarta 100 series. Please make a 118? ( scarce as finding big foot on the moon)!

I thought Walmart only had the blister pack 110’s with the nylon sheath. Go figure.

Years ago the Walmart /Sams club employee in charge of buying knives was an active member here. He had some interesting stories.

The Walmart in Melbourne FL and Viera FL had blister packs with nylon sheaths. Academy Sports had blisters with leather. The Walmart in Cocoa FL had 110’s in the big yellow box with leather. So i guess it’s whoever is ordering?
the 3 NC walmarts i visit all have 110’s in yellow box and leather. I actually came around to liking the nylon sheaths.

I avoided the blister packs with the nylon when buying my 2 Annual 110’s. Then i tried one and loved it. Then they went back to leather in the blisters. :( so i ended up buying several nylon sheaths so basically most of my 110’s have both :) ;)
Also bought some of the brown distressed leather sheaths which look very nice.
Then last week i bought one open top sheath and it really is very nice looking and handy.
DN

I bought 2 in the boxes about 3 months ago at the local WM to give away. I didn't even look at them, I wanted them to be as new when they were opened.

I had one that I bought at the local Pawn shop, gave it away also. They are nice knives.

Have a blessed 4th, God bless the USA.

Leon

Last edited:
I got mine in the mail today (slightly under $35/each)! I actually ordered them to save as gifts for the holidays in a few months. Leather sheaths. The one on the left has some packaging damage that doesn't read that well in the photo.

Last December, I needed a last minute gift for someone and thought to grab a 110 at the local sporting goods store (a chunk higher price than this, of course). It was in the normal non-clamshell packaging, so the knife was closed when my friend opened it. The reason I mention this is that when he took it out of the box, he (total non-knife-guy) immediately remarked "Wow, this is a beautiful knife!"
C7AA46C0-0D49-428B-AA6E-965FEDE2E62E.JPG

Back