Recommendation? Finn Hawk vs. Survival Egde

Finn Hawk or Survival Edge?

• Finn Hawk

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Survival Edge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which one of these two knives would you chose and why? Im going to use them for backpacking, camping and bushcraft once I get one of them.

Finn Hawk is very durable and will likely outlast the hollow handled Survival Edge. If you want the best of both worlds from CS, go with the Bushman and duct tape your ziplock bagged emergency gear in its hollow handled. Otherwise, the Finn Hawk will do you much better.

Can't carry your emergency stuff in your pockets? Get bushcrafty with your Finn Hawk by carving a figure four trap, catch a squirrel, skin it, and use the the skin to make a pouch for matches, firesteel, tinder bundle, and so on.

Pics!

Zieg

Another vote for the Finn Hawk. The Survival Edge would be better for tossing in your glove compartment as a potential survival implement, while the Hawk would be way more comfortable and utilitarian for general outdoor use. :thumbsup:

My Finn Hawk had a ton of edge damage from making kindling from store bought birch firewood. I used a belt sander and sanded all the chips away. Hope they’ve been improved since then

My Finn Hawk had a ton of edge damage from making kindling from store bought birch firewood. I used a belt sander and sanded all the chips away. Hope they’ve been improved since then

Same thing happened to my Finn Bear. I used it to split the rib cage on one deer and it came back chipped. Ah well, I ground it out and now it sits in my 'hunting stuff' box as my 'in case I forget my Buck' knife. Turned me onto the puuko sort of blade shape, and D-shaped handles; turned me off to 4116 steel. That being said, this was one of the original ones. Not bad I guess for a $15.00 knife, though next time I'll just get a Mora.

I own both but I'm not big on the outdoor edge because of how light it is in the handle. I love my finn Hawk and it is a B.O.B. go to for me. I also suggest the Finn Wolf as a scandi folding option.

Back