• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

'Fire Heart' - one of a kind luxury puukko (SOLD)

BogdanS

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello my dear brothers,

With God's good will today i managed to finish another knife, a very unique one that took a lot of work and time to complete - 'Fire Heart'.

A kingly knife, it looks like coming from the far past and bringing with it a piece of the glorious steel masters of old. The razor sharp scandi zero grind blade is made out using O2 core San Mai steel that was forged to better show a spectaculos pattern that would nicely match it's theme.

The handle is unique and luxurious both through materials as also through composition; we have a bolster and spacer made out using A grade water buffalo horn that were buffed to a nice translucent gloss.

In between there is the 'Fire Heart' - a piece of 10000 years old Siberian wooly mammoth stabilized ivory is the chamber of the flame with a texture that looks like scorched brick and through a Swedish stainless Damasteel 'door' riveted with two heavy golden brass bars you can see the heart burning - high quality glow in the dark crystals and crystal 'fire' pigment were used for this purpose and will shine like flames one the sun touches them upload_2021-1-17_0-23-43.gif;).

Last but not least the main body is made out sing 6000 years old deep black bog oak that was inlaid with two heavy, embossed shields of artizanal damascus in high contrast. Due to these the knife feel heavy in hand, settling by itself in the palm.

Due to all these details that had to be carefully put together it took me way more work than usual and way more planning for everything to match and fit but i honesty say that i am happy with the end result upload_2021-1-17_0-23-43.gif:)

Overall the knife is app 7.7" with an app 3.5" blade.

The price for this one is 310 usd.

All the best friends, God bless,
Bogdan

FINAL.jpg

:eek: that is one of the more beautiful knives I've seen in this forum. Congrats Bogdan on making such a fine piece.

You are all too kind my dear brothers, thank you very much for your encouraging comments!

All and only the best, God bless,
Bogdan

Another exceptional beauty Bogdan. Each new knife you present elevates to another superb level of artistry and craft. :thumbsup:

The very cool thing is that though your knives are show stoppers - you call them - LUXURY - they are true work knives too.:cool: You offer the best that a knife can be.

I can say this as I have 3 of your blades, lucky me. :)

Last edited:
Hello my dear brothers,

With God's good will today i managed to finish another knife, a very unique one that took a lot of work and time to complete - 'Fire Heart'.

A kingly knife, it looks like coming from the far past and bringing with it a piece of the glorious steel masters of old. The razor sharp scandi zero grind blade is made out using O2 core San Mai steel that was forged to better show a spectaculos pattern that would nicely match it's theme.

The handle is unique and luxurious both through materials as also through composition; we have a bolster and spacer made out using A grade water buffalo horn that were buffed to a nice translucent gloss.

In between there is the 'Fire Heart' - a piece of 10000 years old Siberian wooly mammoth stabilized ivory is the chamber of the flame with a texture that looks like scorched brick and through a Swedish stainless Damasteel 'door' riveted with two heavy golden brass bars you can see the heart burning - high quality glow in the dark crystals and crystal 'fire' pigment were used for this purpose and will shine like flames one the sun touches them View attachment 1492257;).

Last but not least the main body is made out sing 6000 years old deep black bog oak that was inlaid with two heavy, embossed shields of artizanal damascus in high contrast. Due to these the knife feel heavy in hand, settling by itself in the palm.

Due to all these details that had to be carefully put together it took me way more work than usual and way more planning for everything to match and fit but i honesty say that i am happy with the end result View attachment 1492256:)

Overall the knife is app 7.7" with an app 3.5" blade.

The price for this one is 310 usd.

All the best friends, God bless,
Bogdan

View attachment 1492258
I’ll take it .

I’ll take it .
Thank you very much dear brother for your generous support - may it serve you well over the years to come! PM coming asap ;)

Thank you RayseM RayseM Dawkind Dawkind my dear friends, your words are too kind and i am happy that you do enjoy it more than this knowing that you also do poses other knives from us!

Bogdan

J jwmarch - the email with all needed details was sent to the mentioned address - thanks a lot once more! ;)

All the best, God bless,
Bogdan

Payment sent

Thank you very much dear friend, the payment is confirmed and email sent! ;)
Please do excuse my slow reply but the different timezone made me sleepy - it is midnight in here. Tomorrow or later on Wednesday the knife will take the fly to US.

We will for sure keep in touch!

Bogdan

Back