Firebox Stove, tell me about it.

I'd say look at the factory produced twig stoves and decide. You can always face the twig-stuffed fuel feed door to the wind like I do with my stove sometimes.

I would love a folding wood stove one day. For now, just to test the idea and to see how much I would use it, I made a coffee can stove. :)

A36F3207-1574-46EB-AEC9-F88CD44CCCFA-3366-000004340763C8B6.jpg

BF6C499C-ADD9-4976-8849-F7D0AA8262CA-3366-00000433FAEBA2C7.jpg

Only one suggestion, try raising the feed hole about 1'' to 1.5'' so that air can get under your sticks. Wait, leave the current hole where it is and use it as an ash clean out and make a new hole on the other side a bit higher. That way your first hole will provide air directly below and at the end of your sticks.

I'm sure the way you have it now will work great for short burns but if ran for twenty minutes or so it might start to load up and loose efficiency.

I'd say look at the factory produced twig stoves and decide. You can always face the twig-stuffed fuel feed door to the wind like I do with my stove sometimes.

Thanks for the tip.

Only one suggestion, try raising the feed hole about 1'' to 1.5'' so that air can get under your sticks. Wait, leave the current hole where it is and use it as an ash clean out and make a new hole on the other side a bit higher. That way your first hole will provide air directly below and at the end of your sticks.

I'm sure the way you have it now will work great for short burns but if ran for twenty minutes or so it might start to load up and loose efficiency.

I understand what you mean. Good suggestion. Thanks!

I really need to get a real box this winter......

I love Virtuovice, something about his video's really relaxes me.

I hadn't seen this video yet. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Back