Firestone Supreme

Found this old Firestone Supreme kicking around...anyone know who made them?

Attachments

• A3BA56AE-17F0-4D24-BA0C-C6A8CE207BF9.jpeg
    A3BA56AE-17F0-4D24-BA0C-C6A8CE207BF9.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 21
I don't have any information that will help you. Many people do not realize that Firestone Tire & Rubber Company Catalog that would rival Winchester, Sears, et. al. in the days prior to mid 1970s. You could buy axes, radios, guns, bicycles, fishing gear, refrigerators, stoves, knives, aluminum Christmas trees the list seems endless. Dad was a Firestone dealer and prior to the Gun Control Act of 1968 when we could order guns via a mail order catalog I worked all summer to make almost $50.00 and had dad order me a brand new Winchester 290 deLuxe. It was a semi-automatic .22 rimfire that would handle shorts, longs and long rifle ammunition.

Interestingly there seems to be a reason for Firestone Tires as standard equipment of Ford's cars. Harvey's daughter Martha married Henry Ford's grandson William Clay Ford. Martha Parke Firestone Ford was born September 16, 1925, in Akron, Ohio, Martha is the daughter of Harvey S. Firestone Jr. and Elizabeth Parke Firestone. Her paternal grandparents are Firestone Tire and Rubber Co. founder Harvey Samuel Firestone and his wife Idabelle Smith Firestone. She graduated from Vassar College in 1946. She is still with us at 94 years old.

Last edited:
Back