First Annual Pay It Forward Buildoff

Mr. Burke, Very nice job. The temper line looks amazing, good looking knife!

Well, I finally had time to make a new sheath. It is only my second...See earlier posts about the first lol, So don't laugh. It is essentially finished, aside from a final buff on the blade, sharpening and a second coat of dye.... Again, only my seventh knife...don't pick on me too much.
2011-06-30_14-39-40_612.jpg

2011-06-30_14-41-16_683.jpg

2011-06-30_14-40-44_179.jpg

Ok sorry for the crappy pictures, i took them with my phone. I will get some new ones tonight with my camera and post those and also email you a few Lorien. Now i just need to get this posted and sell it :D

that's great work dude!
when you get some good pics, make sure to email them to me lorien at bladeworks.ca

S'pose it's time to get going on my boot knife... Could someone tell me a little bit about the "wounded warrior foundation?" That sounds right up my alley for a charity.
Thanks.
-M

can't wait to see your take on this, Michael!
(ps planning a trip down there hopefully...)

Probably this weekend...Want to do one more coat of stain, won't have time until tomorrow night. Hope i sell mine as quick as you did yours Ryan :) I still need to get some good pictures.

so, how are you guys doing?

Running a little behind but my blade is ready to send out for HT.

Mike, don't forget to send me your pics; lorien at bladeworks dot ca

Lorien, I am building a photo booth for it right now, i will get some good pictures tonight and email them to you. Every picture i have is taken from my phone. Hopefully it sells soon....Might have to relist it lol....I thought it was a decent deal for the amount of work involved...maybe i am wrong lol

Mike

Just a heads-up. My knife has been posted over in the EXCHANGE. Thanks for putting this together Lorien. Thanks to everyone else for taking part.
Erin

Thank YOU! ALL of you!
Man, I gotta get my ass in gear...I keep lookin at my knife thinkin about working on it and then find something else to do. Well, got another month and a bit...

been a busy and tireding weekend, but walking past my PIF knife and feeling guilty is getting old. So, if I can file away for 20 minutes every day I should be good. Gotta discipline!
wheelerpif002.jpg

wheelerpif001.jpg

Filing out a blade is so 2010, you really need to get a grinder, that way you can post another 27 videos on PB to make me feel jealous about not being able to ride:grumpy:

;)

Well, I forged out a 1086, forged-integral, bootknife over the weekend... I'll do a little pre-heat-treat grinding and put a pic up in a day or two. The blade is about 3/4" longer than the pattern, but I'm not cutting it down. That's just how I roll.
-M

Back