First Becker sheath in a while - BK16 leather

Dangler for a BK16.

15178140_1378065688872382_6540757365207034839_n.jpg

20161128_081344_zpsvb9tryuo.jpg

I immediately thought out loud, "Damn! That's alright!"

Great work!

She's a beaut, she is. :thumbup:

That's fantastic work!
Tandy had double shoulders 5-7oz 13-15sq ft on Black Friday for $50.
Never bought it before but it seemed like a good price. Huge thick piece and I snagged a really pretty one out of the 20 available. Gonna try me hand on a few. I've dabbled with scraps but this will be my official go lol. Still need a stitch roller, stitch groover, and edge beveler. I wanna do it as right as I can.

You don't need the edge beveler. You can sand to a polish (2k+ then slick with a scrap piece of leather) a hardwood wooden dowel or use an antler tine.

Last edited:
There are innumerable ways to "skin a cat" so to speak when it comes to leather working. When I first started years ago, I bought 3 tools: an awl, a generic hole punch, and a mallet. Its amazing what you can do with minimal tools... Tools can get expensive very quickly so it is good to find different ways for achieving similar results like what NJBillk is saying.

L4NE4, beautiful work on that sheath! My 2nd BK-16 should be arriving in the mail today and I haven't decided what style of sheath I will be making yet. I am thinking of something that will facilitate scout carry of sorts...

You don't need the edge beveler. You can sand to a polish (2k+ then slick with a scrap piece of leather) a hardwood wooden dowel or use an antler tine.

Yeah, I get it but I've seen them make short work of edges with a real nice look.
Also looking into things other than sheaths. seems like a small enough investment to decide if I prefer it or not.
Definitely prefer the results of a stitch roller and groover over my fork method lol.
My drill press does real nice, recently read a tip on using a needle or nail instead of a drill bit because it doesn't remove material leaving a tighter stitch. Lots of things I wanna try out.

I started my forum adventures here, then moved to the esee forums. I haven't been on here much lately, glad to see Jonny hasn't disappeared after the esee forums! I need to convince you to join the pout house

I started my forum adventures here, then moved to the esee forums. I haven't been on here much lately, glad to see Jonny hasn't disappeared after the esee forums! I need to convince you to join the pout house

I'm still here brother! MTM and I don't venture over to that other place anymore due to conflicts of interest, but hey, you live and you learn! You'll be hearing from me soon Colton! Take care my friend.

I'm still here brother! MTM and I don't venture over to that other place anymore due to conflicts of interest, but hey, you live and you learn! You'll be hearing from me soon Colton! Take care my friend.

Yeah I saw that. The forum in weird now!

Yet another nice looking sheath. Beautiful work. :thumbup:

Back