First becker

Tjstampa

Gold Member
so I took the plunge and bought my first Becker. The BK22. I ordered it from a BladeForums Spencer’s tomars Ka-Bars. This makes my 4th Kabar. I have. Ww2 mk3 from union cutlery. A 5 inch black shorty., a dog head and now the bk22 and a mule. When I received it at first I had buyers remorse. I saw it as a knife sized hatchet. Then my wife saw it I got the look. Well t.hen we had a little scare last week named Dorian. Our relatively expensive hand can opener broke. My wife had a hard time using the army style opener. I got the bk22 out and she put it through an empty can fairly easily. In doing so it scared off some of the coating so there was no returning it. It did not dull the knife at all. The more I have handled it the more I like it.

A little about me. I live on the west coast of central Florida, married with 2 kids. My sone has been in scouts since first grade and is. Now a tenderfoot. He could care less about advancing but loves camping. My daughter is one of the founding members of the only girls troop in our county. She hated Girl Scouts but loves BSA. Before this she would not go camping. Because a old curmudgeon told he she could not handle scouts she had to prove them wrong.

Now we have competitions of who can keep their knives sharper including the wife. I bought my fist several knife in 1984. Still have it. I initially bought buck clones made in packestain. In college I started buying gerber back when the were well made. Now I am starting to buy bothfixed and folders trying to stay American made

Last edited:
Congrats on the new steel. The BK2 was also my first Becker. She's a beast she is.

Also, welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

Welcome!

The Campanion was my first Becker also. It’s a wonderful blade that will serve you very well through life and the apocalypse. :thumbsup:

I’m glad you made it through Dorian safely. :)

Welcome to the forum. I remember opening my first Becker box. in it was a BK2. It still makes me grin when I see it. It is a great knife that can take a serious beating and keep on slicing.

Can anyone recommend a good leather sheath that does not cost more than the knife?

Can anyone recommend a good leather sheath that does not cost more than the knife?
A little bit more than the knife and imo a great sheath, Patriot Leather Gaspee model.

Here it is with my BK5...
pdjz8LF.jpg

Congrats on the 22 and welcome to the forum! The BK 2 is a common gateway Becker for many folks!

Congrats, As it is with a lot of us the BK2 was my first... I have not only lost count of my Beckers, I'm actually not sure of how many BK5's I currently have (My favorite recent production Becker).

Congrats on the BK2! I'm the oddball and still don't own one. Ive only got two Beckers and my first was just a couple months ago, the BK10 followed by the BK16 a couple of weeks later. I debated the BK2 and BK10 for a few days and I settled on the 10 just because my son is in Air Force ROTC. Its a tribute. ;)

Once the dust settles and I'm allowed another knife I think it will be the BK2. At the very least just so I can join the club!

Congrats on the BK2! I'm the oddball and still don't own one. Ive only got two Beckers and my first was just a couple months ago, the BK10 followed by the BK16 a couple of weeks later. I debated the BK2 and BK10 for a few days and I settled on the 10 just because my son is in Air Force ROTC. Its a tribute. ;)

Once the dust settles and I'm allowed another knife I think it will be the BK2. At the very least just so I can join the club!

It was a tossup between those and th 22. Maybe I will get one of those for Christmas

Back