First "BOTM" 2020 ?

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by bucksway, Jan 10, 2020.

1. bucksway

bucksway Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 7, 2007
    I know the New year will bring some fantastic new Bucks for us..But what will be the First one??? I still have not found a way to make my phone SCREAM at me when I get a email from Buck or Larry Oden for that matter but when it gets close to the time for the BOTM to come out I get mighty nervous...Any guesses on the First one? I hope at least one will be a 112 this year and if I was King I would love to see a Aluminum frame drop point 112 in S35VN or a 'Take apart' 112 like the BCCI 112 I have wanted since spring of last year. THAT is going to be one very special 112 and since I paid for it already it won't make my probation officer mad at me...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    Lesknife and jbmonkey like this.
  2. skylercstevens

skylercstevens

Aug 7, 2013
    It was a damascus 112 with sterling silver and muskox but it sold out in 4 min. Are you still using your flip razor phone from 2004?

GPyro and bucksway like this.
  3. bucksway

Jan 7, 2007
    Muskox??? That would be a first for Buck! But actually Skyler that is a great idea and when I get to Altanta this year I will look for some. For the last 2 years I have been thinking about where my collection is going and like many others I'm drifting to One of One Customs even though I can find odd factory 112's at a more reasonable cost. I truly admire some of the fantastic MOP , Ivory and early Custom shop Bucks that you collect..One of my goals this year is to find the blackest, oily Gaboon Ebony oversized slabs and have pure Silver inlays on a nickel silver frame with a mirror polished blade...and maybe some Muskox trim?

4. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Begs the questions:
    Should that "mad" be "madder"?
    and
    Are you "out of the dog house" yet?

When I had a wife, she did not like me spending money at all, at all … thou she had no problems or issues with spending it herself … :eek::rolleyes:

Lesknife and jbmonkey like this.
  5. jbmonkey

jbmonkey Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 9, 2011
    saw title of thread and who posted it and thought....bet he wants it to be a 112.:p:D

6. bucksway

Jan 7, 2007
    afishhunter really not madder..but have you ever noticed when a judge lets you off easy and no Jail time is given the criminal usually gets long term 'probation'..Fortunately mine is unsupervised..

jbmonkey likes this.
  7. Wunderbar

Wunderbar

May 2, 2003
    I'm looking at the 110 Pro. "Sharp" looking knife. :)

dpsk and BuckShack like this.
  8. Easyrider

Easyrider

Jan 31, 2000
    I would love to see a 501 in carbon fiber with S35v. A 112 slim pro in carbon fiber would be rather nice too.

dpsk likes this.
  9. heng em

heng em

Jan 24, 2007
    You sir may be in luck! Keep an eye out in the next day or two.
    it may, or may not be the little brother to one of the popular 110's we did last year ;)

BuckShack, bucksway, jbmonkey and 3 others like this.
  10. KarlG

KarlG Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2014
    3992AAE9-FEE6-4AEE-827B-589672126922.jpeg 112 are ice and really all I need but I love my 110s. First limited BOTM unintentionally came for me today.
    I ordered a custom 110 a few weeks before Christmas expecting a present for me and it took well over 6 weeks. I was thinking the order was dropped or something. Today it showed up in the typical custom black limited box and a beauty FG 110 Stag, drop point s30V, Nicole bolsters, no pins.

I love it. Not so expensive or rare to keep it from my daily EDC rotations.

jb4570, onionfan, dpsk and 8 others like this.
  11. KarlG

KarlG Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 29, 2014
    3609A5A5-6985-4975-A31C-C8A38816978B.jpeg

jb4570, dpsk, stevekolt and 8 others like this.
  12. stevekolt

stevekolt Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Beautiful blade! I am SO close to ordering the same as a 112...and then a 110:eek::thumbsup:

KarlG likes this.
  13. GPyro

GPyro Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2019
    Karl, that's a really good looking knife.
    The few I have from the custom shop have proven to be awesome values.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

KarlG likes this.
  14. Wildcat

Wildcat Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 14, 2003
    january botm is out. its a 112

KarlG and jbmonkey like this.
  15. bucksway

Jan 7, 2007
    IT'S HERE!! I got mine..$200.00

KarlG, jbmonkey and Lesknife like this.
  16. Tin Sue

Tin Sue Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2007
    I expect to see a second 112 later this year also, which should be an aluminum frame take-a-part, to match the similar 110 of last year. Most likely will be out shortly after the run of this same knife as a BCCI offering.

KarlG, bucksway and Lesknife like this.
  17. bucksway

Jan 7, 2007
    I sure hope so Tin Sue...I was excited about the 110 aluminum frame when it came out a while back. I considered it a major step in the evolution of the 110 and thought for sure it would a much bigger deal than it turned out to be. I was really surprised by the lack response. I still think it's a big step and when the BCCI Take apart 112 was announced it seemed hardly no one was excited or commented on the fact it was in aluminum..I know im a 112 Fan Boy but wow the 112 has been a very, very popular folder since 1973!

KarlG and Lesknife like this.
  18. Lesknife

Lesknife Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 31, 2018
    I’m thinking the reason there wasn’t as much excitement is for my personal reason that they were offered in standard 420hc only and at the price I just couldn’t see the big deal in basic steel. If they were offered in upgrade steel like S35vn or s30v or cpm154 I would have probably got one. Like this Buck of the month 112 it’s $200 but it has S35vn. It’s a bit high but it’s also my first with S35vn.

KarlG and jbmonkey like this.
  19. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    112 with S35V drop point blade and cocobolo covers.

Best act quick if you want one.
    No doubt they will sell out before the next Friday … in the Eastern Time Zone.

I gotta pass. :(
    (as expected, it is so far out of my budget it may as well be in another galaxy.)

jmh33, KarlG, Lesknife and 1 other person like this.
  20. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    I like it. It is a handsome knife. DM

st8yd and KarlG like this.