First Chris Reeve knife and a question

DRLyman,
Welcome to the world of CRK! That is a great knife and it's terrific you got a special birthday. Enjoy!

Looks mighty good to me :) does yours have the groove? I still to this day don't know why they put in a groove?? Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked and mine does not have the groove.

Congratulations on your first CRK. The Inkosi is a great CRK, the lock up on yours is fine as others have stated. You can look on the blade tang and see where the ceramic ball actually stops and that is the true percentage of lock up the knife has. The lock bar can be misleading. On my 25, the lock bar looks like it's about 80% while the blade tang is about 60%
You can also tweek the tension on the pivot to make it more suitable to your liking.
Enjoy using your new Inkosi.

Thank you. That is good info to know. I am going to leave the pivot alone for a few weeks and see how it goes. I have read that it will get looser and smoother as it breaks in. I've wanted one of these for quite a while and can't believe I finally have one. I made myself do some research on the different models first instead of just jumping on the first one I thought looked good to me and I am glad I did. This knife is perfection.

Officer's Match be sure that you get the newer washers for that one. It seems your inbound one has the older style washers which leave part of the washer's hole exposed when the knife is closed. While personally I am not sure how much of a problem it is apparently it lets dirt in.

Thank you. That is good info to know. I am going to leave the pivot alone for a few weeks and see how it goes. I have read that it will get looser and smoother as it breaks in. I've wanted one of these for quite a while and can't believe I finally have one. I made myself do some research on the different models first instead of just jumping on the first one I thought looked good to me and I am glad I did. This knife is perfection.
I did the same thing, researched first to get the right model. As soon as I got it I knew I "needed" the other models too

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

I have just received my first knife from CRK

Notice he didn't say, "I just received my knife from CRK." no, "I just received my first knife from CRK." I wonder what Freud would say about that? ;)

After comparing models endlessly, I decided the Inkosi was the knife for me.

Here is a person whose mind was made up long ago, it's just a matter of rationalizing the "first knife" purchase, opening the door to additional CRKs. "But honey, you can't just have one. " followed by pulling out the stops when the OP looks at his wife as he gets his 4th Sebenza with Raindrop Damascus and Mammoth inlays and say's, "Look honey, I got one for you one with the same birthday. :) "

I have read posts about the lockup being too late on some of these knives on various forums. This is a knife I never thought I'd have, so I just wanted to be sure mine is ok.
There is no blade play at all. The blade is perfectly centered and very sharp right out of the box. The lockup looks ok to me and the lock bar will not move at all with pressure like I have read some do i just wanted to see opinions from you guys and what you think. I have provided a picture. Thank you for your time.
e12c1128a901ce669b617be45acce7a4.jpg

...and finally he's done his research, knows the issues goin' in, I bet you he's spent more time pouring over pics, specs and YouTube reviews prior to ordering than any purchase in the past 10 years. He knows what to ask and even has pics already.

Dude, you're done, you're doomed, how long before you start posting pics like Lone_Wolfe?

Just kidding, can we see the rest of the knife? BTW Welcome to Blade Forums and the CRK forum, lot's of great, knowledgeable and friendly people here, looking forward to seein' more of your Inkosi

I did the same thing, researched first to get the right model. As soon as I got it I knew I "needed" the other models too

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I am starting to look at the other models. Thinking about a small Inkosi to compliment the large one I have. Will wait a while, though. I'm going to use and enjoy this new knife for now. I can't stop looking at the darn thing. To me, it's perfection.

Notice he didn't say, "I just received my knife from CRK." no, "I just received my first knife from CRK." I wonder what Freud would say about that? ;)

Here is a person whose mind was made up long ago, it's just a matter of rationalizing the "first knife" purchase, opening the door to additional CRKs. "But honey, you can't just have one. " followed by pulling out the stops when the OP looks at his wife as he gets his 4th Sebenza with Raindrop Damascus and Mammoth inlays and say's, "Look honey, I got one for you one with the same birthday. :) "

...and finally he's done his research, knows the issues goin' in, I bet you he's spent more time pouring over pics, specs and YouTube reviews prior to ordering than any purchase in the past 10 years. He knows what to ask and even has pics already.

Dude, you're done, you're doomed, how long before you start posting pics like Lone_Wolfe?

Just kidding, can we see the rest of the knife? BTW Welcome to Blade Forums and the CRK forum, lot's of great, knowledgeable and friendly people here, looking forward to seein' more of your Inkosi

That was a great post and it had me laughing in parts because I am in agreement with everything you posted. I am sure this won't be my last CRK purchase. After holding and working with this knife, I'm hooked.

Well, I was not fond of the lanyard/fob but was going to leave it on and see if it grew on me and I ended up liking it. I now had a reason to take it off.
I was in a hurry and jumped in the shower. My wife decided to do some laundry at that time and ended up throwing my shorts with the knife into the laundry. I noticed this about 15 minutes later, so it was in the washing machine for that amount of time.
I took it out and washed it off and dried it. Then took it apart and cleaned and greased it so it's back to like new again. Decided to leave the lanyard/fob off since it was still wet. I'm going to see how I like the knife now with it off. I wanted an excuse to take it off, but not one of this magnitude.
In the end, its back to like new status and not a scratch on it.

Last edited:

I wish this was like facebook, and someone could tag me when my name is being taken in vain. :grumpy:

:p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D

Its not late lockup. Its not the steel that touches the blade but rather the ceramic ball so it touches the blade a little to the left of the lockbar as the ball touching surface is a bit to left just fyi and yes thats a perfectly normal lockup for inkosi

I don't have an Inkosi but I am a longtime Sebenza user and collector.. So I do not understand your description of the ceramic ball is what determines the lockup percentage "ceramic ball so it touches the blade a little to the left of the lockbar"..

I see the ceramic ball. But what do you mean it sits a little to the left of the lockbar? I don't understand what you meant by this description at all. Can you or someone else explain it so I understand.

I don't have an Inkosi but I am a longtime Sebenza user and collector.. So I do not understand your description of the ceramic ball is what determines the lockup percentage "ceramic ball so it touches the blade a little to the left of the lockbar"..

I see the ceramic ball. But what do you mean it sits a little to the left of the lockbar? I don't understand what you meant by this description at all. Can you or someone else explain it so I understand.

The ceramic ball is big and the point of contact between the ceramic ball and the blade tang is a little to the left of the edge of lockbar. Imagine sebie 21 the edge of lockbar determines lockup % but because ceramic ball is nested inside the lockbar its center that points towards the blade tang is a little left of the lockbar edge. I will draw u a crude picture in a bit

The ceramic ball is big and the point of contact between the ceramic ball and the blade tang is a little to the left of the edge of lockbar. Imagine sebie 21 the edge of lockbar determines lockup % but because ceramic ball is nested inside the lockbar its center that points towards the blade tang is a little left of the lockbar edge. I will draw u a crude picture in a bit

I still don't understand how that keeps the lockbar from moving over. I guess I am at a loss on understanding this unless I get an Inkosi in my hand (or crude pictures are drwn, LOL!).

I still don't understand how that keeps the lockbar from moving over. I guess I am at a loss on understanding this unless I get an Inkosi in my hand (or crude pictures are drwn, LOL!).

I am no artist just did a quick drawing. Basically the ceramic ball is muchhhhh larger than seb 21 and it protrudes from 2 sides (towards showside frame and towards pivot).

76b65b885f2a7f707a2e3c5ca9b4c4eb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back