First Chris Reeve knife and a question

Awesome close-up shot of the lock ball...

I just got my first CRK - a small Inkosi, so that is very helpful.

Just wondering, is that not WAY too much lube all over that scale & washer ??

Last edited:
Looks fine to me. Maybe looks like more because of the macro shot.

Congrats on the small Inkosi. That's my first CRK. Great all around robust folder. My EDC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks fine to me. Maybe looks like more because of the macro shot.

Congrats on the small Inkosi. That's my first CRK. Great all around robust folder. My EDC.
Curl - - Thanks for the reply & kind comments.

The problem is knowing just HOW MUCH lube to apply regularly...

My new lefty Inkosi came in surprisingly stiff and difficult to deploy. I researched the forum and Y/T videos for proper ways to improve the excessive factory-new stiffness. Found teardown instructions provided by Tim Reeve quoted in a BF forum post (HUGELY helpful - btw).

Though fully convinced there's no way that "a newby user" could possibly make a difference, I -nervously- decided to break the knife down and clean/relube/adjust the pivot. I did use much more lube in reassembly than the factory applied. The end result is now a fantastic deployment and action, smoother than I can believe.

However, beyond the stiffness is the position of the pointy tip on the 1st finger groove, that gets right in the way of good purchase on the lug for deployment. This is such a TINY knife to have all those scallops on the handles, so I have to agree with many reviews that say this one pointy tip could be slightly cutdown/smoothed to improve overall ergonomics
(how about a small Inkosi V2 with Insingo blade and updated finger grooves :applouse: ?!?!)....

Once open however, I'm pleased to say that I have NO problem with the usability or ergos in any grip, even with size large, narrow hands.

Last edited:
I am no artist just did a quick drawing. Basically the ceramic ball is muchhhhh larger than seb 21 and it protrudes from 2 sides (towards showside frame and towards pivot).

76b65b885f2a7f707a2e3c5ca9b4c4eb.jpg

Thank you very much for the drawing Thin and for the closeup picture from Curl. I am going to get an Inkosi now. I had no idea how different the system was.

I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing all the info about this knife. The responses, drawings and pictures have been a great source to learn more about the way this knife works and is put together. Everyone's help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Thank you very much for the drawing Thin and for the closeup picture from Curl. I am going to get an Inkosi now. I had no idea how different the system was.

Another cool aspect of the bearing lock-interface on the Inkosi (and the Umnumzaan & Sebenza 25) is that the blade maintains contact with the bearing throughout full travel - it doesn't break contact like it does with the detent bearing on any other framelock (R.I.L. actually) or linerlock. Hence there is no "step" for the bearing to climb back onto the blade tang. I believe this is a factor in the perceived smoothness attribute of the Inkosi.

Another cool aspect of the bearing lock-interface on the Inkosi (and the Umnumzaan & Sebenza 25) is that the blade maintains contact with the bearing throughout full travel - it doesn't break contact like it does with the detent bearing on any other framelock (R.I.L. actually) or linerlock. Hence there is no "step" for the bearing to climb back onto the blade tang. I believe this is a factor in the perceived smoothness attribute of the Inkosi.

Indeed well put

Back