First crk knife-should I return?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

I recently received my first crk knife today-- a large sebenza 21 with micarta inlays. After inspecting the knife, there appears to be a slight recurve grind. I may just be quite picky but if you could have a look at it and share with me some of your thoughts, I'd appreciate it immensely.

Here are some photos:

https://imgur.com/a/iCsRYG7

That wouldn't bother me at all (think Benchmade 710 which I like).
If you really don't like it go again until you get one that pleases you.

I would send it to a professional sharpener anyway, it would cut much better, my crk’s are not the sharpest

Have you laid the cutting edge onto a flat surface to check ?
I do not own a CRK product, but have read wonderful things about their customer service.
Get ahold of them and they will help.

First thought - yes, you are quite picky.

That matter aside, I have to ask:
How recently did you receive it?
What have you done with it? (Used, sharpened, stropped, dropped, disassembled?)

Don't like it? Ship it back. That blade will irk you till you get the one that doesn't. Unless of course you got a great deal on it.

Totally agree. Not much else you can do. If it bothers you, return it. If you don't care as much as you though, use it or send it to a professional sharpener and have it corrected. Personally, I don't see a big enough issue to warrant the return.

Use it till it needs a good sharpening then ship it to Josh at Razor Edge Knives, you'll be amazed!
I've sent him $1000+ knives, always confident and top notch service.

Oh yeah, that's definitely recurved.

I don't think that's being too picky. What on Earth are people paying $450 for if not near perfection in execution? Return it and get a replacement. Of course you could sharpen it out yourself or just deal with it, but I think that's silliness.

I'm only surprised that CRK doesn't put more effort into their edges. I've seen and heard about way too many of their knives coming with pretty mediocre edges.

If you have to ask, send it back. It's your hard earned money, get what you'll be happy with.

Yeah, if it's bothering you, I'd highly suggest you go ahead and send it back if you have the option.

Get something else for that kind of money... something that you fall in love with right away...!
It'll be money better spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back