First CRK...

Evening! I’ve finally decided this is it, it’s time in my knife life for my first and maybe last grail lol. I’ve carried, almost exclusively, a native from my dad. I’ve bought many knives, but I’m a “one knife guy”. I like the 3in Ish blade size, thus far I like the plain jane, star, or cross hatch TI. Am I correct in my best bet is a small 21 to get a little more blade without jumping up to 3.5+ inch blade? Anyone regret their only one being a 3in?

Looking forward to “joining the club” soon!

I like the 3" and don't find a need for anything larger-but I have always liked smaller knives. There will be members that find them small and would only carry a large and those that prefer the 3". There is a greater difference in size then the .5" might suggest. In the end it is all a matter of preference.

I have had all models of CRK folders at one time or another, but for me the small 21 is just about perfect. It is Slim, light weight, and large enough to handle most any task. My first CRK was a regular small Sebenza that I bought 12 years ago, and my go-to locking knife (I carry slipjoints only at work) is my carbon fiber 21.
B18A78F5-D387-4C2E-9432-C201CC967D37_zpsqyi7mxc1.jpg

Reactions: 353
I have a handful of CRks and I prefer the large ... I have slightly larger than average sized hands ... but I can comfortably use the small 21s no problem. And they can do most things I want for daily use ... so if you prefer a 3" blade I wouldn't be worried at all about getting a small 21.

Absolutely! Go for it. I usually carry 2, My small seb and another 3.5-4" blade. If I'm in a situation where one knife is all I can carry or its way more comfortable (pajamas) I carry my small sebenza 21 and it's never been under sized. Realistically, even when I carry two (work days) I use my Small Sebenza for 95% of my cutting tasks and I work a trade :D

I have had all models of CRK folders at one time or another, but for me the small 21 is just about perfect. It is Slim, light weight, and large enough to handle most any task. My first CRK was a regular small Sebenza that I bought 12 years ago, and my go-to locking knife (I carry slipjoints only at work) is my carbon fiber 21.

I gotta agrehe with this. There is, to me, something incredibly shpecial about the small 21! The small inkosi doesn’t feel as good imho. The large are outstanding too, but there is just something about the small 21 that I can’t quite describe.

It is small and sleek and light and awesome to edc. Great blade to handle ratio too.

I also carry slipjoints to work, sheeple friendly! :p

Absolutely! Go for it. I usually carry 2, My small seb and another 3.5-4" blade. If I'm in a situation where one knife is all I can carry or its way more comfortable (pajamas) I carry my small sebenza 21 and it's never been under sized. Realistically, even when I carry two (work days) I use my Small Sebenza for 95% of my cutting tasks and I work a trade :D

I gotta agrehe with this. There is, to me, something incredibly shpecial about the small 21! The small inkosi doesn’t feel as good imho. The large are outstanding too, but there is just something about the small 21 that I can’t quite describe.

It is small and sleek and light and awesome to edc. Great blade to handle ratio too.

buy a small plain jane seb 21 drop point.... purchase from a CRK authorized dealer... you won't be disappointed

Joining the choir of a small 21, I like the plane jane best.

When you look at all that blade it the small package it comes in, it's really amazing. And on top of that it is also very ergonomic in the hand! IMO the small 21 is really unique in that way. :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks all! Seems like I'm headed in a good direction! I've been trying to make sense of the real life differences between the 21 and 25 (has to be a non Inkosi since the small is a good amount smaller, unless I randomly change to a large, or both, lol...). I'm trying to read up on the back stories on all of them, but definitely, if I go small, want to be in the 2.94" blade range as opposed to shorter.

Grab a new 21? Wait for a used 25? Anyone want to give me the 5 second real life differences?

Thanks again all! I'm ready to buy :)

If you’re going for a small, I can’t recommend the small micarta Insingo highly enough. One of the best EDC knives on the planet IMO.

This is what I recommended in another thread too. I’ve got 22 CRK folders. A small Inkosi micarta and small 21 Insingo micarta are constant companions. If I had to chose one it would probably be the 21. It’s a great EDC knife.
i.ashx

i.ashx

I'm on the Small Inkosi side with Micarta inlays. Why: Much less break in time, easier to open & close, fits My hand better, ceramic ball smoother longer wearing. I purchased an Inkosi, immediately able to use & love. Purchased a beautifully inlayed Sebenza 21 brand new, got horrible Sebenza thumb trying to break it in for a week, it never broke in & was returned. Went back to my Inkosi, perfection!

I'm on the Small Inkosi side with Micarta inlays. Why: Much less break in time, easier to open & close, fits My hand better, ceramic ball smoother longer wearing. I purchased an Inkosi, immediately able to use & love. Purchased a beautifully inlayed Sebenza 21 brand new, got horrible Sebenza thumb trying to break it in for a week, it never broke in & was returned. Went back to my Inkosi, perfection!

I actually agree. I believe the large / small Inkosi Insingo with black micarta is the best knife CRK has ever made. A wonderful combination of features, materials and blade shape.

I recommended the Sebenza assuming he had settled on a small.

Personally I like the ergonomics of the opening and closing much more comfortable on the large 21. I’ve had a couple smalls, but they never stayed with me because I find them uncomfortable to manipulate.
ETA: once the smalls are open they’re great size and very comfortable in hand

After extensive deliberation, and wanting this to be one knife to rule them all, lol. I’m going to go large, but, am having a hell of a time deciding between 21 and Inkosi...any final thoughts or recommendations? My gut says Inkosi but I can’t back up why I’ve read so much I’ve confused myself I believe...

I do not have an Inkosi therefore I cannot comment on it. I do have a large and a small 21 and I believe the large 21 is a simple elegant knife. I actually prefer the large over the small but I also do not work in an office environment and wear jeans just about everyday. I bought the small just to have for shorts wear in the summer time. The small is a lot smaller than I imagined. Like someone else said, it's seems bigger once it is opened.

I have not owned the Inkosi and have no doubts it is a fine knife, but to me CRK means Sebenza-It is the knife that made the Co. I need no other.

Reactions: 353
Back