First custom, I'm in love.

I hired Matt at Wissahickon Knives to make a "matching" pair of his Mapmakers for my Wife and I's wedding anniversary. He allowed me to send him some scale blanks I had cut from a childhood climbing tree (English Walnut) on at my Grandparents, which died the same year my Grandmother passed. I had originally cut the blanks for 1911 grips, but they worked perfect for this project.

To say I'm impressed with Matt's work is an understatement. My wife absolutely loves hers, and she is in the process of making us sheaths. Below is her "prototype", which I've been EDC'in.

Thanks again Matt, you rock my friend!!

img_1692.jpg

img_1688.jpg

img_1742.jpg

Looking to make me a strop with the wife's scrap leather. I'm amazed at how much control you have when working with wood. This will get lots of use in the woods.

Cheers,
-Will

Beautiful pair of knives...the English Walnut is spectacular. Your's wife's leather-work is excellent.
I think the best part is your wife; she must be a real keeper.
Love it that you hooked up your heritage into this pair of knives...
p.s. the maker did a very fine job...

Beautiful pair of knives...the English Walnut is spectacular. Your's wife's leather-work is excellent.
I think the best part is your wife; she must be a real keeper.
Love it that you hooked up your heritage into this pair of knives...
p.s. the maker did a very fine job...

Thanks!

Oh, she is. Way above my pay grade ;)

welcome to the wonderful world of handmade, custom knives- it's the best!

Nothing like a custom knife - especially one or two with a history. Enjoy :)

Great set and kudos for praising the maker. When you buy a custom knife and have a problem, tell the maker. If you love it, tell everyone else!

Back