First Day of Christmas Deals

Yangdu

Himalayan Imports Owner ~ himimp@aol.com
Shop and Save $$$$$

L to r

20 inch 23 ounce Chainpure Knife from Chainpur region. Carved wood sheath and handle. Beautiful gift knife at $100 even. *SOLD*

18 inch 26 ounce Thamar Dui Chirra by Thamar. Sisau wood handle. $95. *SOLD*

16 inch 28 ounce villager fit and finish WWII knife by Lachhu. Dark satisal wood handle. $90. *SOLD*

15.5 inch 23 ounce Ang Khola by Ram Lal Kami. Everest region rhododendron wood handle. $100. *SOLD*

15.5 inch 27 ounce Gopte Knife by Dhan Kami. Dhar wood handle. $100. *SOLD*

8.5 inch 5 ounce YCS Karda by Kumar. Horn handle. $45. *SOLD*

Cotton Jola for $20 *SOLD*
Great for day hike

Cotton Kathmandu Nepal T-shirt for $23 *SOLD*
Size 48 X-large

Nepali Shawl #1 for $20

Nepali Shawl #2 for $20

Wooden flute from Nepal at $20 *SOLD*

Necklace #1
$25 s

Necklace #2
$25

Necklace #3
$25

Necklace #4
$28 *SOLD*

Necklace #5
$28 *SOLD*

Necklace #6
$28

Kathmandu Nepal T-shirt $23
Large size

Dragon T-shirt $23
Med size

Thamar Dui chirra
weight 25 oz
Satisal wood handle
$95 *SOLD*

Chiruwa Ang Khola by Kumar
Sadan wood handle
weight 32 oz
$115
*SOLD*

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
Fantastic deals, but that gopte is a stunner. I have a similar knife called the Boomerang AK....chopping machine.

A chiruwa ghopte? That's a survive the apocalypse kind of khuk.

EMS 20 inch 23 ounce Chainpure Knife from Chainpur region. Carved wood sheath and handle. Beautiful gift knife at $100 even.

Done Deal. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Cotton Kathmandu Nepal T-shirt for $23
Size 48 X-large

Email to himimp@aol.com to get any or all
Happy Holidays!

The designs on those shirts are individually embroidered in Nepal, using a sewing machine. My understanding is that those eyes symbolize compassion (like the eyes of Buddha), the dot above the eyes symbolizes wisdom (like the "third eye"), and in the place of a nose is the Nepalese symbol for "one", to represent unity.

EMS on
16 inch 28 ounce villager fit and finish WWII knife by Lachhu. Dark satisal wood handle. $90
Done Deal...

Last edited:
EMS Cotton Jola for $20
Great for day hike

Done deal.

Last edited:
Fantastic bargains! I love the looks of the Gopte knives by Dhan Kami. And that wood on the Ang Khola is over the top!

Sweet AK by Ram Lal Kami. Hes turned out to be a really good Kami! Hope he stays. That Rhodo handle is awesome too. I bet oiled up a bit more and it would be killer. Purdy as it is really. Someting about that Thamar DC that I like too. Those are still my favorite:thumbup:

Thanks for the info Mr. Tall! That is a cool T! I am thinking about it.

Sweet AK by Ram Lal Kami. Hes turned out to be a really good Kami! Hope he stays. That Rhodo handle is awesome too. I bet oiled up a bit more and it would be killer. Purdy as it is really. Someting about that Thamar DC that I like too. Those are still my favorite:thumbup:

Thanks for the info Mr. Tall! That is a cool T! I am thinking about it.

Ram Lal is top notch. HI would have no other, correct?

Very true, BB.
I'm loving that Karda. Got any YCS Karda Stories?

I would recommend that Karda anytime STWM! I love the shape of the handle on that one. THey usually dont have the drop like that and Kumar knows how to make them. If its there tomorrow im prolly gonna snatch it up with that T-shirt. Grab it man! Thats a killer deal!

EMS on the YCS Karda. I hope its a DD not a Long Gone.
I don't know exactly how it will feel/use but I am very excited about the design and that it is a Kumar.
The blade profile is -very- interesting.
The drop on the handle...puts the wrist in a more normal position?

I'm hoping I'm -really- surprised by how great this is.
That would be typical of my HI experiences! I have been hoping to get another Kumar!

edit: Can anyone compare the YCS Karda to a Kumar Karda?

Last edited:
EMS for T-shirt and flute. Sorry Ndog, but that T-shirt is too cool for me to wait any longer.

DD received.

Great buy, moparsbob. I love the T-shirt and flute.

Got the DD on the YCS Karda!
Thanks Yangdu! <3 <3

EMS on the YCS Karda. I hope its a DD not a Long Gone.
I don't know exactly how it will feel/use but I am very excited about the design and that it is a Kumar.
The blade profile is -very- interesting.
The drop on the handle...puts the wrist in a more normal position?

I'm hoping I'm -really- surprised by how great this is.
That would be typical of my HI experiences! I have been hoping to get another Kumar!

edit: Can anyone compare the YCS Karda to a Kumar Karda?

The YCS Karda and Kumar Karda are different beasts in feel. The small YCS kardas are incredibly ergonomic. I have a special run YCS from way back (old enough that I cut my wedding cake with it, and that was 11 years ago). The small and larger Kardas that came with mine are nearly identical in weight and proportion as the one offered today. That shouldn't be too surprising, Kumar made my YCS way back then:D

The Kumar Karda is a bit more petite. Mine is 10" long and weighs maybe 7oz. It was a welcome addition to my hiking gear this summer. A a lightweight yet robust knife that could handle most any chore thrown at it.

I will say, the YCS Kards are certainly attractive :)

Back