First Exposure CPK

Last night I clicked on the For Sale Forum. And there was a CPK Field Knife. I missed that one. But my interest has been piqued.

I like slicy knives, and that tomato demonstration has me hooked. And yet it's tough. I think I'm in love.

Joy was followed by sadness as I realized these are tough to come by. Not even sure if Nathan is still making them. It all has me wondering how I missed this.

No matter how you slice it. (Pun intened) It is a wonderful looking blade.

Welcome, LostViking LostViking
CPK are indeed fantastic knives, and highly sought after. You are on the right track with wanting to learn the protocols. You clearly have been around awhile and seem to "get it" already. It takes patience, but sooner or later scoring one of these knives is possible. Only suggestions I have are to hang around, make a contribution and some friends.

Knives are sold on Fridays. Watch the first post in the "next sale" thread. Someone will help you with a proxy buy if you can't make a Friday sale. There is also the buy/sell/trade thread.

Good luck.

Welcome, LostViking LostViking
CPK are indeed fantastic knives, and highly sought after. You are on the right track with wanting to learn the protocols. You clearly have been around awhile and seem to "get it" already. It takes patience, but sooner or later scoring one of these knives is possible. Only suggestions I have are to hang around, make a contribution and some friends.

Knives are sold on Fridays. Watch the first post in the "next sale" thread. Someone will help you with a proxy buy if you can't make a Friday sale. There is also the buy/sell/trade thread.

Good luck.

Then let it be known that I'd like to be everyone's BFF :)

Keeping a lookout for an FK and very excited about the upcoming FK 2.0...

Thanks guys!

I spend a lot of time in the woods. I always have a good time. A great knife just adds to the fun. Life is too short to take yourself too seriously. But I am always amazed at what you can accomplish with a knife if you set your mind to it.

This is from this spring. Colt's Foot, Poplar bark and a feather stick
i-TgVKWxt-XL.jpg

The Colt's Foot just explodes into flames.

And that takes the inner Poplar bark and gets it rocking and rolling.
i-Gkv5dC5-XL.jpg

Fire starting is almost too easy with these two materials in the spring.
i-sND98Rx-XL.jpg

Sorry about the non Carothers knife content. But I have to start somewhere.
i-W5CzTCq-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Last night I clicked on the For Sale Forum. And there was a CPK Field Knife. I missed that one. But my interest has been piqued.

I like slicy knives, and that tomato demonstration has me hooked. And yet it's tough. I think I'm in love.
It all has me wondering how I missed this.

I will loan you my Field knife, if you wish to try it, use it, review it, etc.... If you wish, pm me for address .

Joy was followed by sadness as I realized these are tough to come by. Not even sure if Nathan is still making them. It all has me wondering how I missed this.

My beginning into this madness was similar.

I'll watch a few of your videos, and if I'm properly motivated, I'd be willing to send you mine if you're willing to do a side by side with my Lionsteel M5.

*just saw Brian's post.. if he want to loan you one.. cool beans!

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Brian,
Thank you sir. I'm not real comfortable borrowing things, but I'll give i some thought.

Mike,
Thanks to you as well.
I live in the woods. So I don't have the bandwidth for video work. And truthfully, I'm not sure I would go the video route even if I did.

Anything I "review" really isn't a review anyway. It's more just me describing living with a knife. Using it for knife tasks. Some are boring others not so much. I try and keep them interesting, entertaining, and if I'm lucky, a bit educational.

I try and stick to real world tasks like food prep, fire skills, and camp work. I usually don't baton through Buicks, or pry open bank vaults.

Back