First fancy flashlight.

I jumped without looking on this one. I've lurked around the flashlight community, and I don't understand any of it. I saw a lot of people raving about Sky Lumen, so I subscribed to his newsletter. He sent a newsletter out the other day, and I asked him for advice. I wanted a Jetbeam RRT01 with a super cool green glow-in-the-dark gasket, but he advised me on the Lumintop FW4Avn.

The tail button is much different than I'm used to. It's a real light, short, travel, and it seems like there's a couple millisecond delay in the response to the click. I'm gonna have to study to learn how to use this thing. Luckily the instructions are written in a pretty funny casual language.

lzVR3mEm.jpg

W7oECdMm.jpg

SiY84zbm.jpg

5iKiXwNm.jpg

8OmPr6Wm.jpg

HlmYBJ8m.jpg

KgixPZum.jpg

ZlfeIhlm.jpg

8OaNDd1m.jpg

7rjOAulm.jpg

0lsMahhm.jpg

lhqoH42m.jpg

From zero straight to a Vinh Nguyen-modified hot rod? That's like buying a Ferrari for your first car. :eek::thumbsup::D

That's an incredible light, nicely done. Fantastic UI, too.

so, honest question here, I notice that this guy charges $90...

if you order it direct from lumintop it would be around 50
what does this reseller really add to the equation outside of his profit??
I don't see how this 'Ferrari' is any different from the factory version

I paid about $83.00 for this one. I think about $4.00 of that was shipping insurance. I don't know squat about the technical details with these flashlights. It seems to advance frequently and quickly, so I'd need to study a lot to understand. My main attraction was that I have 2 significant problems with my vision, and my night vision is terrible. When using flashlights, I can't discern colors, I lose depth perception, and can't differentiate seperate objects. Supposedly this light has been modified to have a color temp that will help me to see better. I normally research a subject to death before deciding to buy something, but I'm tired of staring at screens lately.

so, honest question here, I notice that this guy charges $90...

if you order it direct from lumintop it would be around 50
what does this reseller really add to the equation outside of his profit??
I don't see how this 'Ferrari' is any different from the factory version

Vinh has doubled the throw, quintupled the intensity (candela), and changed out the optic.

Sounds like some sweet upgrades to an already popular light!

I hear the tail switch for some is 'too light.' How do you feel about it?

I wouldn't mind owning a pocket spotlight. hah

I am into flashlights too. It is funny what that outputs compared to a 6DMag. Depending on the LED's in that it is 800+ to over 2,000 lumens. The mag is about 300 lumens.

Back