First K9 Prototype - Official Pics - Pick a Name!!!

Which Name for the First K9 Knife?

• Dingo (Longest lived breed of feral dogs)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PBT (Pit Bull Terror)

• Bulldogge (used by the Ancient Romans in Battle)

• ...other (include name in your post)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Check it out:

The first K9 to graduate from obedience school... :cool:

K9KnivesProto1206-01.jpg

K9KnivesProto1206-02.jpg

Various grip positions:
(showing hand size - I wear a large glove)

K9KnivesProto1206-03.jpg

K9KnivesProto1206-04.jpg

Reverse grip

K9KnivesProto1206-05.jpg

Edge-up hammer grip

K9KnivesProto1206-06.jpg

Specs:

10.5" overall
5" blade, 1/4" thick CPM 3V, 60 HRc
Handle options: Bead-blasted Green Canvas Micarta or textured Black G-10.

Features unique to K9:

Incisor guard

K9IncisorGuard.jpg

Dogbone handle

K9DogBoneHandle.jpg

The K9 is ready to WORK!!

Just needs a name and we're going to let you guys pick it out.

Take a look at the Poll and tell us which name you like best - or if the one you like isn't on the list, suggest it. Since we're taking votes on several forums...we'll compile all the choices and pick the best one and post it here! :thumbup:

And, of course, tell us what you think of the knife!

Thanks!

Dan

My creativeity is lacking so I will go with dingo. Nice lookin' blade! I'm waiting for a price..... :D

:eek:

Hands down a work horse in appearance and a function blade design. I'd buy one.

how much? looks great by the way!! how about "sirius" after the "dog star"...

Looks like I'm going to be broke all over again!!!!:thumbup:
I have to get one of those.

How a bout Cerberus? It was the 3 headed hound that guarded the gates of Hades.

I like this one. A lot!

It looks like a scrapper--like a Cur. I'd vote either Blackmouth Cur or Mountain Cur based on either g10 or micarta.

I want one......This is truly a sad day for my bank account but a happy day for me....please e-mail info.

For me it is a toss up between Mountain Cur and Cannan Hound.

The Cannana Hound is one of the oldest known breeds dating back to Biblical times and was used to gaurd the camps and the sheep from other preditors. Hence, it makes sense for a first knife and I like the fact that they used to guard sheep . . . I know some of us here think of ourselves as sheep dogs in a world full of sheep and wolves bent on destroying them.

Then there is the Montain Cur, the first recognized American Breed. Just like this is the first breed from an American knife company. "Mountain Curs are the pioneer dogs of the Southern Mountains. It has been said by many old timers that without Mountain Curs, or bear dogs, the Southern Mountains could not have been settled by the pioneers. Mountain Curs were a necessity for the frontier family. They guarded the family against wild animals and other dangers and caught, treed and holed animals for the family food." (See, http://omcba.homestead.com ).
"Although called "mountain" because of their particular advantage to settlers in wooded, wild areas, they were just as welcome in swampy or arid areas, or other places with harsh living conditions. This breed tends less to the hound than some of the other Cur breeds, perhaps because of that elusive Indian background. He is very stocky, wide and muscular with a strong wide head and the short, higher set ear." (See, http://www.thebreedsofdogs.com/MOUNTAIN_CUR.htm ).

The settlers took them right into Arkansas, isn't that where you guys are?

I guess I think my choice for this first Knife should be the first recognized truly American Breed . . . The Mountain Cur.

rgc

Hey, can we get a pic of the top of the knife to see the grind lines to the fuller?

thanks,
rgc

The G10 is my favorite!

Are you guy's going to carry the incisor and dogbone elements forward on future designs? I think it's a cool idea!

For the name, it's a fighter for sure, but something you could keep close on you until it's needed. I'd call it the "Guard Dog"

Stephen

Are you guy's going to carry the incisor and dogbone elements forward on future designs? I think it's a cool idea!

Stephen

Stephen,
we are planning on using these elements on the rest of the knives. We have several more designs already worked up and they include both of these features. :D

Tom

Bloodhound.

Dang that is exactly what I thought of when I saw that blood groove; disappointed somebody had thought of it already! I vote for bloodhound also!

PS. That may be the coolest knife I have seen on the forums so far. Awesome work!!!

Fantastic looking work blade, great work guys
Gotta be called a dingo.
reasons;
Dingoes have larger canine teeth than domestic dogs. "Meaner":grumpy:

Dingoes cannot bark - but they can howl. "Different to others":cool:

Dingoes can take down animals twice to three times there size, (if you've ever see a full grown roo you'll understand that's quite a feat) "Crazy good at what they are made for":thumbup:

They are wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorta says it all.:D:D

Jules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back