First Knife is a Spyderco!

Great knife and great brand. Since you have the knife bug and dove in head first it’s time to arm yourself with the proper tool. A good set of Wiha Torx drivers, a proper handle and some high end pivot oil such as Nano or KPL which I prefer. You will soon learn how to adjust your knives to your liking and will find that Spyderco’s also need break in time. Watch YouTube videos and enjoy what I consider one of the most fun/usable/affordable hobbies out there. Be careful of the Spyderco addiction. You can soon be the proud owner of 20-30 Spydies before you know what hit you. Good luck and enjoy.

Great knife and great brand. Since you have the knife bug and dove in head first it’s time to arm yourself with the proper tool. A good set of Wiha Torx drivers, a proper handle and some high end pivot oil such as Nano or KPL which I prefer. You will soon learn how to adjust your knives to your liking and will find that Spyderco’s also need break in time. Watch YouTube videos and enjoy what I consider one of the most fun/usable/affordable hobbies out there. Be careful of the Spyderco addiction. You can soon be the proud owner of 20-30 Spydies before you know what hit you. Good luck and enjoy.
Thanks for the great advice. I have a set of Wiha drivers on the way. I bought some of the blue benchmade lube. But after seeing so much praise for nano oil I think I'll be getting some of that too haha!

Also get kpl it’s much more slippery and will give you noticeably better action with bronze phosphor washers. It’s about $12 bucks on their site and they have a 15%coupon

Well, you picked the best brand to start with. That Shaman should be a better knife than many that cost quite a bit more. Next, take a look at the Manix 2, the Paramilitary 2, and the Military. Of course, for pocket sized knives, Spyderco is king. The Delica, Lil Native, and Dragonfly are all good choices there.

Back