First knife of 2020

Gold Member
Well...so much for my New Years resolution of buying fewer knives. I wasn’t even out of bed before I made a purchase. I’ve been eyeballing a little Buck 102 for a bit and noticed a sale with free shipping. One click and done, still in bed....
007-E84-AA-8-E44-4-EFD-83-CD-11-F86-FDD1-EAC.jpg

Last edited:
Hahaha....

Well...so much for my New Years resolution of buying less knives. I wasn’t even out of bed before I made a purchase. I’ve been eyeballing a little Buck 102 for a bit and noticed a sale with free shipping. One click and done, still in bed....
007-E84-AA-8-E44-4-EFD-83-CD-11-F86-FDD1-EAC.jpg

Happy New Year 315!

Edited to add: (silly me), Happy New Year to ALL of my esteemed knife loving friends all around the big blue marble. :) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I sold a couple of GEC knives to buy this one. On its way to me...
I don't particularly like using this pattern, but I thought I absolutely needed one in my collection again. Thought I'd better buy one before they disappear off the shelves. I do like the way they look. :cool::thumbsup:

I sold a couple of GEC knives to buy this one. On its way to me...
I don't particularly like using this pattern, but I thought I absolutely needed one in my collection again. Thought I'd better buy one before they disappear off the shelves. I do like the way they look. :cool::thumbsup:

I like the color in that one. Mines almost a bright red. I thought about buying another and then selling the original but decided it wasn't worth the effort.

I guess my first knife of 2020 will be the Black Jack which should arrive tomorrow. After that I have one 62 reserved, then I really do hope I have the resolve to stand on the sidelines for a while.

I hope it is months before I buy another knife. Typically I have a dry period and then things pick up with a small knife show in Dalton GA in March. There is usually a GEC dealer there and others for sale on the tables. I enjoy shows. But you never know?

Not bought yet, and not even finished being made ;) but with some big luck my first knife will be a GEC 62 Easy Pocket Tidioute in bone:cool: Really like the look of this but being in Europe you can never guess if a GEC suddenly becomes the object of irrational lust:D or flippermania:rolleyes: meaning they become outta reach..... Fingers crossed:)

Not bought yet, and not even finished being made ;) but with some big luck my first knife will be a GEC 62 Easy Pocket Tidioute in bone:cool: Really like the look of this but being in Europe you can never guess if a GEC suddenly becomes the object of irrational lust:D or flippermania:rolleyes: meaning they become outta reach..... Fingers crossed:)
Hope you got the forum knife.

22-rimfire 22-rimfire Actually no, I didn't order one as I've never really got on with Sabre grind. It is a grand looker though :cool: I have a 93 in Coco which is really pretty and could fancy getting hold of a user in the same scales or micarta/bone:thumbsup:

I am buying the Camel bone banana #62 Easy Pocket Congress. All I know is the OKCA club knives will be a Trapper. No info yet on what kind of Trapper so far. I acquired two different club memberships for 2020. OKCA was suppose to have a GEC OKCA prototype at the December Winter Oregon meet. I have been trying to get a photo from the club with no success. Eugene City Council is trying to set up a homeless camp at Lane County Fair Grounds. This is not good news for the Oregon Knife Show in April 2020. I am glad my knife will be sent to me a week after the show.

My first knife of the year was an old Schrade off the bay that is begging for some ebony covers. Hopefully my first purchased knife of the year will become my first completed project of the year!

What pattern is it?

Looks like my first knife of 2020 is a Marbles MR417 Imitation Stag Folding Hunter.

"Something" told me I was going to get a Folding Hunter this year.
This was the most budget friendly one I could find. $21 and change shipped.
Hopefully, it will be of the same quality as my other Chinese made Marbles knives.
I just ordered it. Should arrive next week. :)

Back