First knife of 2020

This one showed up first...
It's not a safe queen, but I won't carry it either. Not sure where it fits for me but I know I needed one in my collection. :D

It's worth using. I love my green micarta.

I bought both of these in 2019, but didn't get them in hand until 2020. I'm not sure if they count. One is a cadillac, and the other is more of a pontiac, but the both drive.

A415-D98-B-5-F80-4321-ADA0-76-B9-F3-B24966-1-201-a.jpg

D1355681-DEE1-4-CDB-A43-F-FB1-BC87-DB91-D-1-201-a.jpg

ECE6-B940-CAE3-4730-B2-E2-9-B046-EE9319-B-1-201-a.jpg

36-D2-CD3-B-0-FCE-4-EC1-B535-8-BC35238469-D-1-201-a.jpg

Here is my first knife purchase of 2020, and a pretty big deal for me as it completed my set of the four 49ers fixed blades from the mid to late 1970s. The 491 is the rarest of the four patterns, and was only made from 1973-'75.

rHGgBMS.jpg

Here are all four Staglon versions together; they also made all four in leather handles.

kM9Erzz.jpg

Waynorth Black Jack and a Hinderer XM24 off the BF exchange

Well done guys, very nice knives and it is only the first week in the new year. I have 3 projects that will come alive this year, the first one is a custom lockback from K'roo blades, this one will be on its way very soon. The other two should appear later this year, one from Mr. Paul Mason and the other one from Mr. Toru Yamamoto. I will of course post reviews when they arrive.

Mike

The first of the three Case knives I ordered arrived today... the other two are running late, but after this one, I'm almost ambivalent about the next two. This is by far the nicest Case knife I have ever seen. It is easily as nice as any of the GEC's I've handled and owned. I know... hard to believe.
The assembly appears to be flawless, with a great walk/talk. Both blades have half stops, with the springs flush in all positions. Blades are centered almost perfectly, with the bolsters beveled on the pivot end. The other end is polished beautifully, including the wrap around spring for the secondary blade. (!) :cool:
The crimson bone handles are just gorgeous, IMHO... I've never seen the crimson before.
I was curious about the two blade version of this knife, as I have the single blade, and really like it. I like this one much more...
This is the first knife I've bought that is so nice, I almost don't want to carry it. But, I will, anyway...:)
Here are pics of my newly arrived, first knife of 2020... the Case Swayback Jack, Limited Edition, 1 of 3000.

iUBPuH.jpg
iUBNmx.jpg

iUBFA1.jpg
iUBUQc.jpg

The first of the three Case knives I ordered arrived today... the other two are running late, but after this one, I'm almost ambivalent about the next two. This is by far the nicest Case knife I have ever seen. It is easily as nice as any of the GEC's I've handled and owned. I know... hard to believe.
The assembly appears to be flawless, with a great walk/talk. Both blades have half stops, with the springs flush in all positions. Blades are centered almost perfectly, with the bolsters beveled on the pivot end. The other end is polished beautifully, including the wrap around spring for the secondary blade. (!) :cool:
The crimson bone handles are just gorgeous, IMHO... I've never seen the crimson before.
I was curious about the two blade version of this knife, as I have the single blade, and really like it. I like this one much more...
This is the first knife I've bought that is so nice, I almost don't want to carry it. But, I will, anyway...:)
Here are pics of my newly arrived, first knife of 2020... the Case Swayback Jack, Limited Edition, 1 of 3000.

iUBPuH.jpg
iUBNmx.jpg

iUBFA1.jpg
iUBUQc.jpg
That is a very good looking knife!

:D
The Marbles MR417 arrived a few days early. :D

Yep. :) It is on my belt until at least February. :D

Review in the Rough Rider and Related Slipjoints thread, if anyone cares to read it.

Here is my first knife purchase of 2020, and a pretty big deal for me as it completed my set of the four 49ers fixed blades from the mid to late 1970s. The 491 is the rarest of the four patterns, and was only made from 1973-'75.

rHGgBMS.jpg

Here are all four Staglon versions together; they also made all four in leather handles.

kM9Erzz.jpg
Congrats Jeff, impressive completion of an impressive collection:cool::cool::cool:

rHGgBMS.jpg

kM9Erzz.jpg

Congratulations Jeff, not an easy set to put together - all look very nice too. OH
Ps. My first purchase of the year was placed yesterday with CK in OK, a GEC 66 Calf Roper that has been on my want to acquire list for the last 18 months, it should arrive Friday.

Back