First knife of 2021?

I’m pretty much done buying stuff for myself. I have everything I’ll ever need if I live to be 1000 years old.

Gonna pay bills put money in the bank and hopefully be in a position to help my kids a little.

I think times are going to be tough coming up in the near future. The next generation will have it rough. I see prices on everything skyrocketing

I certainly hope I’m wrong.

This is the way I feel right now.
Speaking of prices going up, one thing is going up for sure. Wait and see how the government pays for all of the economic support they ve been handing out during the pandemic.

The way USPS is delivering, some of the ones I've already purchased and are in the mail, may not get here until after New Years, or at all. :(
I know this feeling. We just received a knife my wife ordered for my Christmas present on Nov 27 from one of my favorite forum supporters, sent by priority mail, two days ago. We thought it might not get here in time for Christmas. Allmost more online shopping than the post office can handle. And USPS is my preferred shipper.

I certainly don't need another knife, but that doesn't stop me from checking prices at online dealers, and visiting the Exchange here often. The bad thing is that the ones that the ones that have been catching my attention lately are the expensive ones, like Case/Bose collaborations, CRKs or Shiros.

I know this feeling. We just received a knife my wife ordered for my Christmas present on Nov 27 from one of my favorite forum supporters, sent by priority mail, two days ago. We thought it might not get here in time for Christmas. Allmost more online shopping than the post office can handle. And USPS is my preferred shipper.
Ouch. I'm glad it got there in time! Thankfully all the knives I was complaining about in that previous post arrived just fine, albeit very late, so none became my first knife of 2021! Those 7 packages, all from before Thanksgiving, averaged 15 days in the USPS system!

As for 2021, I do have enough points at knifecenter for a $20 gift card, so I'm sure I'll get something after the new year. That Space Force ka-bar is calling to me!

It may not be my first, but a satin and hopefully carbon fiber version of the Benchmade Mini 940 is definitely on my list for 2021.

Also hoping Hinderer does a XM-18 3” Spantoon in 2021.

I’m pretty much done buying stuff for myself. I have everything I’ll ever need if I live to be 1000 years old.

Gonna pay bills put money in the bank and hopefully be in a position to help my kids a little.

I think times are going to be tough coming up in the near future. The next generation will have it rough. I see prices on everything skyrocketing

I certainly hope I’m wrong.

That sounds disturbingly mature and thoughtful.:thumbsup:

The hunt for a Full Track looks to be going into 2021. Besides that, I might try for any new Shaman release.

I went way too hard this year on the old wallet, gonna settle down in 2021. If I found a sweet deal on a latchless channel alpha beast though...

Unless USPS Tracking is wrong & it gets delivered early, (which isn't very likely considering USPS track record recently), my first knife of 2021 will be a MBK Laconico EZC 2.0 that I bought off the Exchange.

My first of 2021 will be the Randall 19 I currently have on layaway! I didn't buy any knives in 2020, and I've wanted a Randall for years, so I finally went for it. Not sure about anything beyond that.

No plans to buy this coming year. I've been focusing on gun stuff lately. Though even there I'm pretty much done.

Saving money will be important, as with current and future events I don't know if I'll continue to get Medicare. Or at least have it pay for all of my medical stuff as is current. Same goes for disability.

Luckily I inherited some money last year, but with all my doctors and medical issues that would go very quickly. In 2018 my liver transplant cost $650,000. Then I was in the hospital for 7 months. One day in the ICU was $17,000. Medicare paid for everything, though the hospital had to pay for some as they kept screwing up.

If I do pick up a new knife, it will likely be <= to $100. If Kershaw releases other colors of the Launch 13 I may be tempted.

Back