First knife of 2021?

Spartan Blades Astor.
oc9IiJ9.jpg

F3mtfiH.jpg
6aNeOOc.jpg

Just under $160 shipped, decent steel with a Les George design at a good size, large liner lock and easy to use thumb stud.
At the price not much to really complain about...

3BfYyXE.jpg

Just slightly smaller than the 0220 and AD-20

Well, my Spydie Kapara came today, so that’s out. I have an order in thru my buddies Army Surplus store for a BM940-2, so that’ll probably be my first of the year. Benchmade says they aren’t shipping til early February, so I’m trying to be patient. So, nothing crazy exciting for most of you fine folks, but I can’t wait!!!

I have a Spyderco Advocate on the way. Also, I'm hoping to get a TRM Shadow when they release early 2020. (If they'll ship to Canada)

Pic taken from their site. 20201230_172012_copy_789x851.jpg

Looking to spend less this year. I want a Bradford pairing knife in m390 in without the black coating. I've been eyeballing the Espada by cold steel, probably the fancier large version. And maybe a budget traditional in a carbon steel.

A benchmade mini presidio 2 is currently on its way :)

Last edited:
Looks like a Cold Steel Bush Ranger on its way after reading the review in the review section here on BF, it looks like a handy well built folder.

My “planned” first knife is a Spyderco Siren. Actual first knife is beyond any prediction.

I thought I was done for 2020 but was looking up specs for yesterday's carry at the Wilson Combat site and saw another model of my cocobolo Starburst ELC by Fox knives--the Ti frame lock version--was on sale for 40% off and impulsively ordered one. It obviously won't get here before midnight so that'll be my first of 2021...

pnS0uDT.jpg

...unless, of course, I even more impulsively buy something else that ships and arrives more quickly. :rolleyes:

After about a year-and-a-half of selling more knives than I bought (though spending a bit more due to pricier acquisitions) I went a little nuts starting in December '19 through 2020 as retirement-augmenting projects and income came in. I was pleased, though, to be able to help our three grown sons and families along the way with home repairs and improvements for one, first home purchase for our youngest, and urban-escape nest-egg building for another. I hope to take a deep breath and exercise better restraint in the coming year, building and retaining our assets, while seeing what the economic future brings as the political, social, and health climate unfolds.

The first three knives for 2021 for me will be:

Spyderco Native 5 in SPY 27 blade steel.

( I wanted the Manix 2 SPY 27, but none of my favorite dealers had them.)

Steel Will Sedge in gray G10 handle scales and black-coated 4-inch D2 blade steel.

Steel Will Barghest in black G10 handle scales and satin 4-inch D2 blade steel.

D3580309-F873-41F6-A3DB-07EE56FD3212.jpeg
After trying out the Hogue Deka and being impressed with it over my BM models i finally pulled the trigger on a Hogue Ritter grip, scoring a sweet deal on the exchange for a “light user” that only had a a little carry time and no cutting per the listing. Should be here mid week and the first 2021 mail call :). If its anything like the Deka’s quality i will be sold on Hogue for sure :thumbsup:.

My first of the new year will be a Case Stockman, 63032 CV in Amber Jigged Bone. It should arrive next week.

Back