Review First Large Sebenza 21 PJ - Initial Thoughts

After carrying a small Sebenza 21 on and off for a while, I decided to see what the full-fat large Sebenza was all about. I had never handled one, nor seen one in person, but I imagined a bigger, more robust version of the small Sebenza that I've come to love. I also like the machine hole on the presentation side of the knife and having seen it removed on the 31 I decided that maybe I should grab a large. Any excuse to buy a knife, really.

Box came in to Tegucigalpa, Honduras today and within 20 minutes of getting home the knife was disassembled and in pieces on my kitchen table. Gorgeous construction, and, as expected, no flaws.The action is smoother than on my smalls, and the handle fits my oversized palms very well.

As a former woodworker, I can definitely see how this would be a great EDC knife for anyone that works in a trade and needs a knife for daily use. It feels like it's made for work. These days I don't carry large knives to work, so the small Sebenza suits my needs. I find that I do some light cutting with my small 21, but wouldn't want to have to take on any jobs that required longer periods of cutting. This large, on the other hand, feels like I could chop away for hours (no, I don't chop with my knives, don't worry).

If Chris Reeve's original concept was a large Sebenza then it really makes sense now. I completely understand his vision. This thing is a great workhorse folder.

9JbHbsV.jpg

I EDC in rotation a "P", a Regular, and 21's, all Larges... AtS 34, BG 42, 30 and 35 SV's, And all manner of Damascus . They all are a joy to carry and use....Never found wanting....The Small is too small for me at the moment, ( have a few anyway! ) perhaps if I ever retire....

I EDC in rotation a "P", a Regular, and 21's, all Larges... AtS 34, BG 42, 30 and 35 SV's, And all manner of Damascus . They all are a joy to carry and use....Never found wanting....The Small is too small for me at the moment, ( have a few anyway! ) perhaps if I ever retire....

I can see that. For work I'm now carrying something small and waiting for my Mnandi to show up. Once I leave work I carrying this large. I've never carried a knife this size before, so it's taking some getting used to. I definitely like it though. It leaves room in my pocket for other stuff and isn't all that heavy.

Back