First Look to TSProf Kadet

What's the recommended clamp for a small SAK or a steak knife? I'm wondering if I should grab one of the fillet clamps and/or the Tormek sm knife holder. I do have filet knives as well that need clamping. Might as well amass everything I'm going to need while I wait.

What's the recommended clamp for a small SAK or a steak knife? I'm wondering if I should grab one of the fillet clamps and/or the Tormek sm knife holder. I do have filet knives as well that need clamping. Might as well amass everything I'm going to need while I wait.

Might want to look into the New stone holder while your looking. Went to Gritomatics web page and they have a Kadet package that comes with an improved stone holder due out 4/24. Hope my pre-order will have the new improved stone holder.
As for the Tormek holder,The way the Kadet clamps are built I cant see needing another clamp for fillet knife unless you have some really long fillet knives.

Oh, by the way if you don't have a Tormek, you should try one out. Makes quick work of all our kitchen,meal prep, steak knives,axes etc. The Tsprof is for that fine precision detail work. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

I recommend skipping K03 clamps with the initial purchase of Kadet. Stock clamps and K03 clamps are almost impossible to use together. I would use stock Kadet clamps, may be Small Universal Table for scissors... Sooner or later, we will see an adapter to make Kadet clamps longer, or a diversity of clamps in Kadet size.

Might want to look into the New stone holder while your looking. Went to Gritomatics web page and they have a Kadet package that comes with an improved stone holder due out 4/24. Hope my pre-order will have the new improved stone holder.

The Improved stone holder is "must-have" for Kadet.

I'd like to discuss some details for purchase, and additional advice. Is it best to call or email, or PM ?

Email to support@

Thanks! Is there an easy way to tell the stone holders apart? I'll message them since one would hope the delay on pre-orders is so these are included but... Murphy's Law is strong.

Thanks! Is there an easy way to tell the stone holders apart? I'll message them since one would hope the delay on pre-orders is so these are included but... Murphy's Law is strong.
I went to the tsprof web page thinking that they might sell it as an accessory. They have two that can be used for the blitz and the Kadet. The Standard version and the Universal. I can't say I notice any difference in thier picture they have for them. Specs seem the same also. Good luck getting in touch with them I've made two attempts one email, and one web based message via the web page 3 days ago no response back. All I wanted them to do is update my account to reflect my current order number.

I don't understand who will buy the standard stone holder for Blitz/Kadet?

Probably not many. The universal is probably an after thought, and the starndard are already in the production units like your inventory. They are asking 39.00 something for universal
More money for us to spend.

Will the stock clamps work good with full flat ground blades like spydercos ??

Has anyone found out the difference in stone holders????

Last edited:
They replied quickly to my first FB message but haven't gotten back yet about the holder - will update when/if they do.

They replied quickly to my first FB message but haven't gotten back yet about the holder - will update when/if they do.

Thats good I guess,hope you get an update. Personally I have never had a FB acct,never will. tried email, and tsprof web page online messaging, and no response. Maybe not only is "delay" a synonym of TSProf, maybe "no response" is also. fingers crossed we get our stuff.

I haven't tried to deal with TSProf directly, but Konstantin at Gritomatic has always been top notch for me. Bought my Hapstone M2 and various product for it and he's always been very cool to deal with and quick on response.

I haven't tried to deal with TSProf directly, but Konstantin at Gritomatic has always been top notch for me. Bought my Hapstone M2 and various product for it and he's always been very cool to deal with and quick on response.
Yep, I totally agree. All of my purchases and support from Gritomatic has been exceptional. In my opinion there is no better sharpening shop online than Gritomatic.

"Yep, I totally agree. All of my purchases and support from Gritomatic has been exceptional. In my opinion there is no better sharpening shop online than Gritomatic."

Sounds great,wished I would have.

Mine came in yesterday!

lUouyNXl.jpg

New or old holder?

OzJuMfTl.jpg

Very nicely made and with everything tightened down properly it does NOT flex - I saw some in a few videos and my bet is they didn't crank down the main knob super tight. The quality of work and all the machined aluminum fully justifies the price of ~$350 IMO. Takes just a minute to put together or break down and the included box works well enough for storage for me if a bit on the large size.

Tossed a knife on and did some quick work on a CRKT Folding Razel 4030 - for some reason it did not want to sharpen the last 1/2" or so, I think the thumb stud was blocking me and I didn't notice at the time, I still need to finish that knife so I'll remove it and see if that helps. Was all a bit rushed as you might expect. Based on that knife I'm almost certainly going to need an adapter to work on narrow knives though.

Looking forward to sharpening my Henkels and gifting them out nice and sharp, as I'm using these from JCK now:

8w2FJ5Pl.jpg

I got the kit with included diamond plates and for ~$30 extra, I think they are good value if they last. The coarse one seemed to move metal fast enough on 8CR13MoV as one would expect and they are flat - can't really ask for more. I've got a strop from Gritomatic I'll have to try too.

Icehawk very nice. Did Tsprof email you the kit had shipped?
As far as thin blades the way you describe maybe the Tormek small knife holder is the way to go. Nice looking kit I ordered the same one. I'll probably look for a pelican style Container and store it in that. Congratulations nice sharpener.

Last edited:
No, no notice - it just showed up at my door. Hopefully that means yours is inbound any day too.

Will the stock clamps work good with full flat ground blades like spydercos ??

Has anyone found out the difference in stone holders????
The new improved stone holders are dual sided. One side is for 45 cutout backing edge pro type stones (on one side) and the other side for flat rectangular stones without a base (on the other side). They have a small swivel mechanism in the clamp itself to allow very slight swiveling of the stone clamps so it centers itself nicely on a rectangular stones. Quite an ingenious little addition.

The improved stone holder was originally designed for an upgrade for the TSProf Blitz. Exact same part is used for the upgraded stone holder for the Kadet.

Icehawk, when did you preorder the Kadet?
3/18

Worked on a small chef knife - I need better light, hard to see if I've gotten all the way to the edge - I can "see" an advantage the WE system offers by holding the blade vertically now that I hadn't considered.

I too would like to know when my Kadet will arrive. I may have ordered late, but in a chat with TSProf they said my order was set to ship in the first shipment out. I have not seen it. Webpage still says ship in May. Has anyone received a new kit direct from TSProf yet?

Back